Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What glue is best for cue tips?

Hi,

What glue do you use? will superglue harden the cue tip and lessen the tip's playability?

If so what is a better glue to use?

Thanks..........

I use Loctite gel and so far have not had any problems. I have read that plain super glue is not the most ideal to use because it is absorbed into the timber to some extent.

Im no expert but the gel has been great

Cheers

Comment

what glue is best for cue tips

hi i use TWEETEEN TEN MINUTE CEMENT GLUE NO PROBLEM WITH THIS GLUE JUST CURIOUS WHERE DO YOU GET THIS LOCTITE GEL MAYBE SOMEONE KNOWS LEONARD FROM MONTREAL QUEBEC CANADA

Comment

What Glue Is Best For Cue Tips

Hi Snooker Fans I Found Some On Ebay I Do Not Know How Good This Glue Is Maybe I Will Try Some Cheers Leonard From Montreal Quebec Canada

Comment

Evo Stik is the best to use, its a contact adhesive I have never had one fall off yet.
          Welsh Is Best

Comment

Originally Posted by Son of Cliff View Post
            Evo Stik is the best to use, its a contact adhesive I have never had one fall off yet.

especially as you use a carpet nail to hold it in place

Any band of super glue does the job quickest be it 30p or £3 and if it comes off then it's your own fault for not prepping the surfaces properly. In theory I suppose the superglue gel is a tad better as it's not runny but you have to be a bafoon with 10 thumbs to get the runny stuff all over the place. As for it soaking into the wood or tip making it bittle, all I can say is I've never found that to happen and have used it for tips for at least 30 years.

Comment

Loctite gel is very good. I like the Prism. Not all super glues are the same. Some super glue does not have a long shelf life, and some cheap one will lost its adhensive power easier once it has been exposed to moisture, dirt and so on.
              I do not like the Tweenten contact cement at all. It does not bond very well.
              If you are worrying about the glue soaking up the tip, you can apply a thin layer of glue to the tip, let it dry, then sand it down again before you glue the tip to the ferrule.
              www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

More of the same from me....
                Super glue gel is the way forward!
                Tip cement is crap!
                Old super glue is alright alot still use it.
                Me Dad always swore by Araldite!

Comment

Originally Posted by Wity View Post
                  especially as you use a carpet nail to hold it in place

Any band of super glue does the job quickest be it 30p or £3 and if it comes off then it's your own fault for not prepping the surfaces properly. In theory I suppose the superglue gel is a tad better as it's not runny but you have to be a bafoon with 10 thumbs to get the runny stuff all over the place. As for it soaking into the wood or tip making it bittle, all I can say is I've never found that to happen and have used it for tips for at least 30 years.
                  Never liked Super glue it does the job well but it tends to make the tip go hard due to the glue penatrating too far into the tip. :snooker:
                  Welsh Is Best

Comment

Originally Posted by Son of Cliff View Post

yeap use the same mate, a little tip from simon at craftsman cues

Comment

This is exactyl what i am on about, superglue in liquid form dries too quick and hardens the tip, which affects the tips natural texture. I might as well pick a hard tip if i use superglue, but if using soft tip, sound that gel is better.

Thanks all, got the idea now.

Comment

Loctite

Originally Posted by the montrealer View Post
                        Hi Snooker Fans I Found Some On Ebay I Do Not Know How Good This Glue Is Maybe I Will Try Some Cheers Leonard From Montreal Quebec Canada

Walmart carries it.

Comment

Originally Posted by mchpddl1 View Post
                          Hi,

What glue do you use? will superglue harden the cue tip and lessen the tip's playability?

If so what is a better glue to use?

Thanks..........
                          Hi
                          I think most epoxy adhesives will do the job. The rule of thumb is not a super fast drier and not a soft glue.

Thanks

Comment

many glues will do a good job.

superglue gel is as good or better than any other IMO. it wont seep into an unburnished tip like normal superglue can and its easier to use for those who arent used to doing this particular task

Comment

Again I say super glue gel is the stuff!!
                              It doesn't soak the tip and drys quickly so you don't need a clamp!
                              Never used this evo stick though!

Comment

Working...
                              X