2018 Northern Ireland Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Northern Ireland Open

One tournament ends, and another begins. Not sure how the payers feel about this time of year, but I love it.

Most of the big boys seem to be involved, here's the draw:

http://www.snooker.org/res/index.asp?event=712

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
    One tournament ends, and another begins. Not sure how the payers feel about this time of year, but I love it.

Most of the big boys seem to be involved, here's the draw:

http://www.snooker.org/res/index.asp?event=712

-
    It certainly helps you appreciate where they're coming from when they say it's an exhausting schedule these days. Even as a spectator I can find these 'lesser' tournaments difficult to enthuse over, especially when you see as many empty seats as we're seeing so far (yes, I do see what a hypocritical comment that is). How it must be for the players I can only imagine.

I do know that seeing the old Star table again, with it's antique brown wood every where, is like stepping back to the dark ages. After seeing the beautiful Rasson table and how it performed, I really hope they become the default tables on the main tour.
    Last edited by Billy; 12 November 2018, 04:53 PM.
    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
      I do know that seeing the old Star table again, with it's antique brown wood every where, is like stepping back to the dark ages. After seeing the beautiful Rasson table and how it performed, I really hope they become the default tables on the main tour.
      I thought you were a traditionalist Billy.

Bit of a surprise to see Mark Allen go out 4 - 1 to Niu Zhuang. After his recent performances, he must be very disappointed. Funny thing form.

-
      The slow and labourious,

Comment

Yeah... I am at heart. Let's face it, though, the Rasson tables aren't exactly space-age. We're not talking Smart Tables here

No, I just think they're gorgeous to look at, and perform brilliantly by all accounts. They strike the perfect balance between tradition and modern.
        "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Bit of a surprise to see Mark Allen go out 4 - 1 to Niu Zhuang. After his recent performances, he must be very disappointed. Funny thing form.

-
          Maybe he fancied a bit of time off at home eating pies?
          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

It certainly helps you appreciate where they're coming from when they say it's an exhausting schedule these days. Even as a spectator I can find these 'lesser' tournaments difficult to enthuse over, especially when you see as many empty seats as we're seeing so far (yes, I do see what a hypocritical comment that is). How it must be for the players I can only imagine.

Spare a thought for Wilson... Having lost a major final last night finds himself playing on day one tonight.
            It's almost sadistic!

Completely agree with you regarding the table. The Rasson was a bit tasty...
            "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
            National Snooker Expo
            25-27 October 2019
            http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
              Maybe he fancied a bit of time off at home eating pies?
              Living up to your signature, I see

Comment

Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
                Spare a thought for Wilson... Having lost a major final last night finds himself playing on day one tonight.
                It's almost sadistic!
                That is ridiculous scheduling. I notice Ronnie gets and extra day's rest, well I suppose he is knocking on a bit. :wink:

Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
                Completely agree with you regarding the table. The Rasson was a bit tasty...
                What's wrong with a lovely bit of wood grain? Providing it's from a renewable source of course.

-
                The slow and labourious,

Comment

Frame 5 of the Higgins v McLeod match.......what a superb couple of reds McLeod potted . The red to the bottom right corner was sensational , up there with the best I’ve seen .
                  Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Well done Rory , super stuff and nothing pedestrian about his pace around the table .
                    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Yep, I have now forgiven him for beating Judd at the WC and trashing my chances in the Fantasy Comp.

Comment

Anyone have ideas on how I can watch online? Live

Comment

That is ridiculous scheduling. I notice Ronnie gets and extra day's rest, well I suppose he is knocking on a bit. :wink:

What's wrong with a lovely bit of wood grain? Providing it's from a renewable source of course.

-
                          Now that's a can of worms I'm not going to open...
                          "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                          National Snooker Expo
                          25-27 October 2019
                          http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Even O'Sullivan mentioned how ridiculous this schedule for Kyren is. No wonder he lost.

P.S. on the tables debate count me among those who prefer to watch the Star tables.

Comment

First-world problems, but I'm not keen on the acoustics here. I don't like being able to hear the sound of balls hitting cushions. Cushions should be silent. Maybe it will soften up when the number of tables is reduced, and more bodies fill the place.

Comment

Working...
                              X