Stephen hendry's cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephen hendry's cue

does anyone here knows the exact model of hendry's old cue(the one that got smashed during a plane flight)? and if its still avaliable or anywhere that it could be purchased?
    and his new 3/4 maple cue, is it a john parris?

i heard stephen hendry's coach talking about the old cue that "that he[stephen hendry] became the world's best player with world's worst cue" it was a normal english cue.His new cue is a custom cue made by master cue thailand.IT'S DETAILS ARE- Full ebony butt,maple shaft,11MM ELKMASTER TIP,AND 16 IN BUTT.
    My deep screw shot
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXTv4Dt-ZQ

Comment

Originally Posted by trainspotting
      does anyone here knows the exact model of hendry's old cue(the one that got smashed during a plane flight)? and if its still avaliable or anywhere that it could be purchased?
      and his new 3/4 maple cue, is it a john parris?
      old cue: Powerglide, Rex Williams Connsessiur (spelling!)

Comment

Originally Posted by sunny3909
        i heard stephen hendry's coach talking about the old cue that "that he[stephen hendry] became the world's best player with world's worst cue" it was a normal english cue.His new cue is a custom cue made by master cue thailand.IT'S DETAILS ARE- Full ebony butt,maple shaft,11MM ELKMASTER TIP,AND 16 IN BUTT.
        not sure if that is really a mastercue.
        too much conspiracy going on!

and if u ask me if its a mastercue... I doubt so....
        His cue joint isn't the standard mastercue joint, judging by the number of turns he made.

Comment

It is a Parris cue. I thought everyone knew that!
          I even remember the interview with Hendry at the time he had it and he said that JP had his old cue measurements but Stephen wanted to try a completely different cue. John made him 3 up and Stephen picked out one and sent the others back.

IMO I still feel he'd be better suited going back to a 1 piece cue, he's never really found any consistancy with this 3/4 jointed cue.

Comment

is that model still in production ? anyone knows where i can get my hands on 1?
            btw hendry did win a couple of tournaments with his new 3/4 cue right?

Comment

I doubt its in production.
              He won a couple.. I think he won a british open and a Malta cup in 2005.

I wonder when did he changed his cueing action. Did it happen because of the new cue or?

Comment

Originally Posted by trainspotting
                is that model still in production ? anyone knows where i can get my hands on 1?
                btw hendry did win a couple of tournaments with his new 3/4 cue right?

Geordie pool have got one called the black widow, which is a replica of the powerglide I believe...their batch is made for 8ball but I expect you could get one made with a snooker spec - they're very cheap but the materials are pretty good. If not, you can always ask a custom cue maker to make one for you.
                MaXimumbreak - Where Everyone's a Winner
                It's now free to join!!!
                MaXimumbreak Snooker Store

Comment

Apparently this is a faithful copy..
                  http://www.craftsmancues.com/acatalo...pool_cues.html
                  made for Geordie pool..
                  http://www.geordiepool.co.uk/snookercues.htm

If you really want one though i'd suggest keeping an eye on ebay for it, Snurta which is geordie pool I believe may have it up for auction from time for time and seeing the Supreme cue (mine)which both ask for over £100 for can be had for £38 on ebay it'd be worth waiting to find for auction.

Comment

Well..

The cue is in a glass display case somewere..possibly the crucible..or wembley.. i wud luv 2 own it ..even in 2 pieces.
                    Snooker Loopy

Comment

well the one he won everything with was a powerglide connoisseur and for sure it was replaced with a parris maple but yesterday (and i was about 2 feet from the table) he had a maple cue 3/4 split with 4 splices in green veneers then 4 in ebony then another 4 in green veneers and another 4 in ebony finished off with a very highly figured slightly shorter than average face splice in what i would say was birdseye maple. the badge could well have been parris but hard to see under the lights and you don't want to ask him during a match!
                      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147
                        well the one he won everything with was a powerglide connoisseur and for sure it was replaced with a parris maple but yesterday (and i was about 2 feet from the table) he had a maple cue 3/4 split with 4 splices in green veneers then 4 in ebony then another 4 in green veneers and another 4 in ebony finished off with a very highly figured slightly shorter than average face splice in what i would say was birdseye maple. the badge could well have been parris but hard to see under the lights and you don't want to ask him during a match!
                        " yo Stephen , what kinda cue u using mate"
                        Snooker Loopy

Comment

Originally Posted by belfast141
                          The cue is in a glass display case somewere..possibly the crucible..or wembley.. i wud luv 2 own it ..even in 2 pieces.
                          ....in the club where he plays in scotland.

Comment

no in the horse cross theatre in perth where he was playing ronnie. - he used to play in spencers in sterling but i think it might have closed down now?
                            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

it was in spencers the last time i was there.....(though that may have been during a presentation)

its not closed down yet AFAIA

Comment

Working...
                              X