Century Pro cue tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Century Pro cue tips

Hi ,just noticed this new pressed tip .They come in 4 hardnesses, just wondering if anyone has tried them out yet.

Where are these for sale and who is the manufacturer ?
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

https://centurycues.com/century-cue-tip-pro-graded.html

Comment

If you are talking about these ones (link below)...I managed to get a free 4 tip sample box this week and have just stuck one on one of my older cues to try out over weekend....They only do them in 10mm at mo so I was told...

They certainly are darker in colour than elks! Nicely presented though...

https://centurycues.com/
        Follow my snooker Articles/stories on Twitter@chrisgaynor2

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
          Where are these for sale and who is the manufacturer ?
          Chesworth cues are selling them

Comment

They all seem to have a hole in the middle?

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
              They all seem to have a hole in the middle?
              It explains it's a mark from being tested

Comment

Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
                It explains it's a mark from being tested
                Ah thanks, I'll have to learn how to read one of these days

Comment

Still seems a high price to pay for what is essentially a graded elk master tip. I'm happy doing my own nail in the side of the tip test for a box of 50, seems a more cost effective way of getting the same end result. I don't need to pay a premium of £5 a tip just so someone else grades the tip for me!

Comment

I have been using them for a few months now. They are way superior to a standard Elk and better quality and more consistent than an Elk Pro. In that respect, the price point seems reasonable. You can also find a grade you like and Century will duplicate it time after time thanks to their testing process.

Comment

If you put a new tip on even one or two times a year, it equates to around 10p/20p per week, it is money well spent if an improvement. Players can spend hundreds on a cue then quibble about £5/£6 for a tip. Plus some people think nothing about wasting money every day on cigarettes, alcohol and junk food, suggest get things in perspective.

Comment

^^^^^^^^

Exactly right

Comment

Originally Posted by brazil70 View Post
                          If you put a new tip on even one or two times a year, it equates to around 10p/20p per week, it is money well spent if an improvement. Players can spend hundreds on a cue then quibble about £5/£6 for a tip. Plus some people think nothing about wasting money every day on cigarettes, alcohol and junk food, suggest get things in perspective.
                          It's much more fun hitting AliBaba though

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...Pro-Tips/page5 has all the info of Century and at least one Supplier.

Comment

Tried G3.. Nothing special. Especially at that price point. Elkmaster is better, simple as.

Comment

Try the ADR147 calf skin tip , I found these better than the Century Tips .

Comment

Working...
                              X