Sight Right Cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sight Right Cues

Hi, Can anyone explain this technology to me and give opinions on this and its worth? i see there are riley cues with this available and ready to go...

Technology is pushing it a bit. Its supposedly a visual aid to lining up a shot and get you focussing on the object ball consistently in the correct way. However I am highly sceptical of these so called innovations to help a player play. At the end of the day Bingham was missing routine easy balls yesterday despite endorsing this so called wonder product, so not exactly fool proof is it!

Comment

I see this sightright technology as a bit of a gimmick and surely it would effect the play-ability of the cue itself.
      Highest Break 21

Comment

I guess you cant just input more talent or there ability to play under pressure. However his results and general play have improved. Its seems more a practice cue to use to check alignment rather than an actual cue to play with.

Comment

its a salesmans trick to take money off of gullible players who haven't learned how to play yet and think they can buy themselves better

Comment

Originally Posted by sberry View Post
            its a salesmans trick to take money off of gullible players who haven't learned how to play yet and think they can buy themselves better
            I like this saying, gets it in a nutshell.
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Need someone who has actually tested it to say that though...but you probably right!!

Comment

Sight Right Cues

not exactly cheap either looking at Riley s website. ....

Comment

180 for entry level model.....

Comment

Yip just a gimmick in my opinion. How can a player possibly see these lines when down in the shot as the sight right system is in the butt section of the cue ? the only way that a player can possibly use this system is when using the rest then he is able to line up the sight right system...sorry but i just dont get this idea...
                    Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

Originally Posted by warren132 View Post
                      Yip just a gimmick in my opinion. How can a player possibly see these lines when down in the shot as the sight right system is in the butt section of the cue ? the only way that a player can possibly use this system is when using the rest then he is able to line up the sight right system...sorry but i just dont get this idea...
                      I agree with this statement however since Cliff is the Canadian rep for these cues if I run across him soon I'll ask him to (try and) explain the value of their cue aiming system.

Terry
                      Terry Davidson
                      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                        I agree with this statement however since Cliff is the Canadian rep for these cues if I run across him soon I'll ask him to (try and) explain the value of their cue aiming system.

Terry
                        I was wondering how it works too, given the player cannot use it when down on the shot.
                        My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                        I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

My theory is that this is more of a practise aid and can help you to check that you are sighting the line of aim correctly and is little use in match play unless you would like to drive your opponent mad with 3 min shot approaches.

I will have a poke at explaining the 'technology' in another post in a few minutes, its terribly complicated and I will need the right equipment :snooker:
                          On Cue Facebook Page
                          Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
                          Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

A player will know when they are doing things wrong fairly quickly.....They miss.

Likewise, a player will know when they get it right (or as close to right as is required)....... they don't miss.

This forms the basis of how everyone learns the game and cannot be shortcut. A player learns to repeat what achieves good results, and this becomes embedded in memory and applied more consistently over time. Of course, there is a lot more to it than that, but this "sightright technology" idea offers little to nothing to anyone who has the potential to improve significantly.

There are so many other issues and barriers to great play than just good alignment.

Still, it'll make some money for someone.
                            Last edited by trevs1; 8 December 2014, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Here you go...

On Cue Facebook Page
                              Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
                              Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

Working...
                              X