Alrocco.snooker secrets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alrocco.snooker secrets

Hi all, my name is Ian Chisholm known as Roy of Snooker Secrets, been in the game for 74 years as a player and a coach. My aim in snooker is to pass on my know how to as many people who would like to know. Have only just come across snooker forum and have read the many comments about snooker secrets. Anyway I am going to answer as many as I can. Oh by the way I think this is a fantastic way to pass on opinions. I feel on reading a lot of the comments there is a lot to be learnt I am looking forward to listening to the fantastic questions asked by the fantastic followers of Snooker. All the best to all of you. Roy.

'Ve seen some of your videos .
    Welcome to tsf ,
    Looking forward to read your posts .

Comment

What the Alrocco, stand for as your screen name. I would have thought RoyChisholm would have been more appropriate, rather than an Alias especially as you are announceing who you are on here

Comment

I’ve seen most of your videos and read your book , this was around a year ago. I tried some of the techniques and to be honest they didn’t work.
        I can’t go through all now but picking one out that sticks in my mind I think it’s number 24 the stun shot . You are telling us to stop at the white when striking. I havent hear any other coach say that before , everyone says cue through the cue ball.
        Even Looking at your video you don’t stop at the white either the cue goes past the white by 3 inches at least. (I put a pointer on the screen to check)

Comment

Shoud get good coments and sulutions
          Current playing cue Trevor White
          3/4 ash cue

Comment

With all due respect to 'alternative systems' if they worked reliably they would be implemented by many people. As Tim Minchin says, "Do you know what they call alternative medicine that's been proven to work? Medicine."
            I often use large words I don't really understand in an attempt to appear more photosynthesis.

Comment

Originally Posted by alabadi View Post
              What the Alrocco, stand for as your screen name. I would have thought RoyChisholm would have been more appropriate, rather than an Alias especially as you are announceing who you are on here
              Hi alabadi, nice to hear from you again, for you, you can call me Roy, ok!

Comment

Originally Posted by magicman View Post
                With all due respect to 'alternative systems' if they worked reliably they would be implemented by many people. As Tim Minchin says, "Do you know what they call alternative medicine that's been proven to work? Medicine."
                Hi magic man, nice to hear from you, as you know ALL systems work, but work better for some than others. My system developed about 40 years ago with over 4,000 students who still come back to me today. Many of them have gone on to make there 100 breaks. All of them achieved 50+ breaks, the people who achieved this were all regular snooker players, with the same passion I have for the game. There are the older players who just visit me to better there game so as to get more enjoyment out of the game. Out of all these players I have not found 2 players that play the same, they are all different in some way, so my expertise is to get the best out of them with what THEY DO. As for the medicine?? All the best Roy.

Comment

Hi alabadi, sorry to see that the system does not work for you, that is a shame because you would be a far better player than you are, perhaps you are not reading it correctly? As for the stun shot, you stop on the cb.

Comment

Hi Roy, I recently read that you "guided" Cliff Thorburn to win the 1980 WC after a chance meeting in Blackpool, apparently he was striking the left side of the cueball, anyway as the story goes, after one session with yourself he went and "toppled top 10 player John Parrott". This is seen as a testament to your coaching and instant results, of course there's a problem with this story...
                    Presuming your encounter with Cliff was in 1980 , this would make JP only 15 years old, he didn't turn pro until 1983 and it was several years later before he entered the top 10 rankings.
                    Something doesn't add up here Roy, any chance you can clarify??

Comment

Hi BaconLad, nice to hear from you, in answer to your question, I did not help Cliff to gain his World Championship. As I said I met Cliff many years after when he was qualifying ,or should I say trying to qualify at Blackpool, we met in the practice room, he overheard me coaching on the next table, came over and asked if I could help him as he had been out of sorts for a few years. I obliged and found an error in his game which we sorted within 10 mins, that error was he thought he was striking as near centre as he could, but in reality he was striking a tip to the left of cb. That was the main point, there was a couple of others. He was extremely greatful, from there he went on to beat John Parrot, who quoted to Cliff, you have not played like that for years why save it for me. After the result Cliff was interviewed by the Sunday Times where he told of his chance meeting with me revitalised his game. Hope that clarifies. All the best Roy.

Comment

Well roy i was watching your videos on you tube and i was struggling with with my angles and that was holding me back in my game even though i dont play regular down to work but i went last nite with my usal practice mate and i tried your system of one inch away from object ball with your tip and it worked amazing last nite there was no ball i was scared to try cut in on the table so thank you for that we video
                        3/4 ash cue

Comment

Well done Stevie1, glad to be of help, good luck in your snooker. All the best Roy.

Comment

Thanks Roy all the best
                            3/4 ash cue

Comment

Originally Posted by Stevie1 View Post
                              Well roy i was watching your videos on you tube and i was struggling with with my angles and that was holding me back in my game even though i dont play regular down to work but i went last nite with my usal practice mate and i tried your system of one inch away from object ball with your tip and it worked amazing last nite there was no ball i was scared to try cut in on the table so thank you for that we video
                              Which video is that Stevie?
                              #jeSuisByrom

Comment

Working...
                              X