Joining cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joining cue

I have a one piece G cue that I am looking to convert to 3/4, Gavin is happy to don the work but can’t get joints from MW anymore.
    Can anyone recommend a joint to use?

Cheers

my first thought would be Andy Travis; always a good job for good money in good time
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Thanks for the reply, the guy who made the cue, Gavin Mengham, is happy to do the work but has no joints. He really rates the Wooldridge joints but can no longer get hold of them

Comment

ah read it wrong
        So Gav can't get joints from his ex-boss, hm
        Maybe easier to say any joint you don't like
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by burwat View Post
          I have a one piece G cue that I am looking to convert to 3/4, Gavin is happy to don the work but can’t get joints from MW anymore.
          Can anyone recommend a joint to use?

Cheers
          Could send the cue to mike to have the joint put in?

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
            Could send the cue to mike to have the joint put in?
            Ha ha ha i bet he would love that and probably want a kidney for doing it ?

Comment

to be honest I cant be bothered to listen to or read the nonsense he would come out with, so have not asked him

Comment

to be honest I cant be bothered to listen to or read the nonsense he would come out with, so have not asked him
                All you have to do is place an order for it in the cue surgery section of his site, not sure what "nonsense" would come out of that?

Anyway, just a suggestion if you prefer that kind of joint.

Comment

All you have to do is place an order for it in the cue surgery section of his site, not sure what "nonsense" would come out of that?

Anyway, just a suggestion if you prefer that kind of joint.
                  Adding a joint is not on there though, so would have to "talk" to him lol
                  Some of his prices are ridiculous so clearly you would have to be mad to send a cue to him, ie £75 to add weight !!! i got it done for £10 !!!
                  Last edited by jrc750; 13 March 2018, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                    Adding a joint is not on there though, so would have to "talk" to him lol
                    Some of his prices are ridiculous so clearly you would have to be mad to send a cue to him, ie £75 to add weight !!! i got it done for £10 !!!
                    Its under f1 convert.

Comment

Its under f1 convert.
                      What so £125 to add a joint ?? gulp !!
                      And £250 to lengthen a cue ?? i got Travis to do mine for £80 i think it was

Comment

Gavin will happily do the work but he cannot get a joint from MW. The nonsense I referred to was related to the rant mike would have about supplying things for Gav. It might be just me but I find Mike difficult to deal with.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                          What so £125 to add a joint ?? gulp !!
                          And £250 to lengthen a cue ?? i got Travis to do mine for £80 i think it was
                          I would agree its a bit expensive, but at the same time they're custom made joints, and you generally have the cue back pretty quick (usually inside 5 days in my experience). If you had a parris 1 piece and wanted it jointed by parris cues you'd be waiting the better part of a month or more, even for a refinish you're talking well over a month.

Comment

You could email reg Wright and ask him will he sell you one. I’m pretty sure his joints and mw joint are almost identical.

Comment

Gavin will happily do the work but he cannot get a joint from MW. The nonsense I referred to was related to the rant mike would have about supplying things for Gav. It might be just me but I find Mike difficult to deal with.
                              I have bought cues and had some specially made items from Mike that has been 'outside the norm' and I have had no problems, no rant just cordial communications.

My advice would be to ask him and he may well surprise you and do what you want. If you don't ask you won't get. I think it is a bit unfair for you to second guess what he won't do without asking him.

Comment

Working...
                              X