• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooker shoot out 2018

Anyone else going to:
    a) Watch it
    b) Watch it on mute

And the answer is .........B
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Not going to watch it at all, and I hope that all those responsible for making it a ranking event have a miserable weekend. :wink:

Comment

I´m probably going to watch a bit online but it hasn´t got a lot to do with snooker, but some of the frames can be quite entertaining. But I fully agree it´s a disgrace to call it a ranking title and let the money count in the seedings, as you could just as well toss a coin. I think that´s the main reason why many of the top players doesn´t enter.
        ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
        "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

I was offered a ticket. I flatly refused. It's an abissmal farce of an event. Those held accountable should be fired and replaced.

Comment

As long as some of the lesser lights in the game can make a few quid , it’s fine by me as a bit of entertainment. But as a Ranking Event.......shouldn’t be allowed .
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Watch the shoot out or watch the potus attempt to screw the world over..?
              Mmmmmm.
              Am watching the shoot out!
              "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
              National Snooker Expo
              25-27 October 2019
              http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Snooker shoot out 2018

why don't we just organise a petition to downgrade it see how many we get and send it to world snooker? It won't help this year but mabey for next year

Comment

Good idea. :-)

Comment

Originally Posted by Tommykiid View Post
                    why don't we just organise a petition to downgrade it see how many we get and send it to world snooker? It won't help this year but mabey for next year
                    Sounds a good plan. Sooner it's abolished as a ranking event the better.

Comment

I'd definitely subscribe it, but I'm afraid it won't help.

Comment

Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                        granted probably not but at least it's some type of feedback from the snooker fans even mc gill last year and since doesn't count it as a ranking win for him probably been fined for it but it's a start if anything

Comment

An e-mail I sent to ITV yesterday about The Shootout....

To ITV,

I've complimented you before on your snooker coverage, I believe it is for the most part excellent. The experts and commentators you get in know a lot about the sport, and can discuss it passionately and comprehensively. That isn't the case on some of the channels that show snooker. *ahem* BBC.

I enjoyed your recent Champion of Champions event. And watched the whole final from my sofa.

However, unfortunately I won't be watching any of the upcoming Shootout event. (Televised between the 8th and 11 February.) Not because of the event as it is, but because I just don't believe it should be a ranking event, and until that changes, you won't get a second of my viewership. It's played with different rules, and as such shouldn't affect a players rank.

I understand that this unfair decision wasn't one ITV took, it was taken by World Snooker. So, I'm sending this e-mail to you, not to have a go at you. I do enjoy your snooker coverage. But I wish to inform you that this decision by World Snooker is disliked by a lot of fans, and at least one of them (me) will chose not to tune in until the decision is reversed.

Thanks for your otherwise fine coverage of the sport.

Comment

Last year, Barry Hearn on Twitter attempted to say that it was ITV's decision, as they wanted to televise ranking events, not invitationals.

I e-mailed ITV, and they confirmed that wasn't true. The decision was taken solely by World Snooker.

Somewhat hypocritical of Hearn, since he was boasting on BBC the other month that he 'listened to what fans wanted'.

Comment

Hearn just won't change his mind about the Shoot Out being a ranker, he's too stubborn.

But the more people who complain, the more he'll think twice about any future gimmicky ranking events.

Comment

Working...
                              X