Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New cue for a beginner

I'm new on the forum.
    Looking for some advice on buying a new cue. Been playing snooker for half a year, I'm a newbie, max break 24. I play 2 times a week.
    My choices are limited; Peradon, BCE, Riley and Powerglide machine spliced are the best cues i can find in my country. I don't have other options. And for a beginner like a me a investment in a £150 cue for the moment is nonsense.

My budget is £60.
    My choices are: Peradon Crown £60, Peradon Regal £58, PowerGlide Diamond £58, Powerglide Maxi - £35 includes (is a 5 piece cue set). Or i can make a effort to buy a Powerglide Striker for £90.
    Last edited by gid; 26 March 2011, 09:11 AM.

For that money, I would try and find yourself an old machine spliced cue.

Any BCE cue you will get. The peradon cannon range is in the £60 area but again this is painted and varnished.

The old cues will be better crafted, finished etc etc if you get a good one.

Comment

Is difficult to find such a cue in Romania. Second hand cues as well are hard to find.
      In terms of quality (i know it isn't the best word to associate with those cue makers) which will be the best choice from the list above?

Comment

Could look at the Mastercue tournament machine spliced cue. Craftsman have just had a few come into stock and they are good playing cues, certainly better than any of those you have listed so far. They are £79 plus P&P which could take it to around £100 for delivery in your country. Maybe try and stretch your budget, you only buy a good cue once so it makes sense to invest in something good quality as you will regret buying something that you don't like as you are throwing money away.

Comment

Its odd trying to find a cue on the internet without being able to hold or use it. I want to buy from a local shop to try first the cue.
          The Peradon Tournament, Regal and Crown cues are varnished?
          What about Powerglide Striker cue?

Comment

Being in Romania,

I dont think you will be able to try before you buy unless you buy one of the cues you have mentioned.

I wouldnt buy any of the cues you have mentioned.

I would try and get a decent old cue for good price and pay the delivery over to romania.

Do you have any idea as to what spec cue you want?

Comment

A 3/4 cue, joint at 14" or 16", length 57" or 58", weight about 18 oz, tip zise: 9.5mm.
              Last edited by gid; 21 March 2011, 01:18 PM.

Comment

To find a fine cue i think i will stretch my budget to £160 with case and mini butt and delivery to Romania included.
                So what are my options in that budget?
                I want a hand spliced cue with the specs in previous post.

If someone have a good cue and is willing to send it to Romania view this topic:

http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...ad.php?t=31103
                Last edited by gid; 21 March 2011, 12:37 PM.

Comment

With that budget, think you will be very limited or lucky, to get a good cue, gid.
                  :snooker:

Comment

I know Acrowot.
                    This forum is evil. The more you read the more you want.

What would be the best choice from this two: Mastercraft Eclipse - £140 or Mastercue PB2 - £148.
                    Is there a better choice in this price range?
                    Last edited by gid; 26 March 2011, 09:12 AM.

Comment

I bought a Mastercraft Eclipse last month and it's a fine cue, can't fault it.
                      £147 with mini-butt, but you would have to pay extra for a case.
                      Oh, and that's a bad miss.

Comment

I've increased my budget to £250 with postage included.
                        In my budget what would be the best choice: Craftsman, Mastercue or Mastercraft?

Comment

g b l champion .

Comment

In £250 I want a mini butt and a telescopic extension as well, to save the shipping if I decide to buy them later. So a G B L is out of discussion.
                            In terms of finish, playability and feel which one would you choose?

Comment

They are all good cues , Personally i would get the best cue i could afford and get the extensions later as you wont use them that much so they are,nt essential .

I dont see the value in getting a cue thats maybe not as good just to get the extensions . Thats not to say that the cues you mentioned are inferior as they are all very nice cues indeed .

I would be happy with a cue off any of them .

Comment

Working...
                              X