carl aranda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carl aranda

hi lads this is one for maybe you aussies,bought a cue of ebay with a badge carl aranda on,asked bloke about it ,he said he's australian so can any of you enlighten me thanks beforhand for any help jim

Jim ,there are two threads on the forum that mention Carl Aranda . One was an Andy Bream thread and the other was by " the long bomber ". In that thread " newtip " posted on 23rd Nov, 2009 , about Carl Aranda.You will be right in that our Antipodean friends and members would probably be of more assistance in this query.

Comment

Also i think JP1 on here is him, altho he denied it for some strange reason ???

Comment

Think you are right there JRC .
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Jim did you buy the Mike Russell break cue off that seller too.

Comment

no i bought a willie smith and a hixon and the carl aranda

Comment

Originally Posted by nlm247 View Post
              Jim did you buy the Mike Russell break cue off that seller too.
              I was told it didn't sell and today he offered me a 2nd chance on it, but because he is new to ebay he got muddled, and wanted me to pay £160 incl p&p, my highest bid was £102 ish, so if you want it get in touch with him. He told me previously that this cue too was made by Carl

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                I was told it didn't sell and today he offered me a 2nd chance on it, but because he is new to ebay he got muddled, and wanted me to pay £160 incl p&p, my highest bid was £102 ish, so if you want it get in touch with him. He told me previously that this cue too was made by Carl
                lol - i know carl well!

i offered him 120 for it which i thought was fair.
                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

There have been several of the Mike Russell break cues for sale on ebay AU seller goes buy luck1au.

Comment

Jim , any pics of the Hixon ?

Comment

ile post some later not as nice as yours handspliced ebony with a front splice

Comment

I have not heard of Hixon, can anyone supply some info? Nationality, period of making, rating of cues, values?
                        cheers
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

leeds cuemaker 40-50-60 s i believe

Comment

For Jim and Dean , this is what I know of Hixons, kind mention must be made of " 100 uppers " help in research thanks Peter. Hixons was a billiard table manufacturer in Leeds started in about 1879.William Hixon and Thomas Blackburn ran it as Blackburn and Hixon in Fenton Street,Leeds until 1890 when Blackburn left the firm.They traded as William Hixon and Son until 1903 when it became Hixon and Sons ( plural ).In about 1930 it became Hixon and Sons Ltd. This makes it relatively easy to date cues by badge type and company name.During or just after the second World War , it was taken over by Smith and Nelson. I have two Hixons with full Padauk butts over ebony veneers with an ebony front splice over either maple or boxwood veneer,one ash one maple,both within 1/2oz of each other, with Hixon and Sons Makers Leeds on the badge ,this dates the cues as 1930 or just before.The Hixon cues I have seen have been beautifully made and genuinely have stood the test of time.It should be noted that I have no idea what became of Hixons as a manufacturer or the trade name Hixons and Sons Ltd after the Smith and Nelson takeover.Hope this helps.
                            Last edited by old school; 4 February 2012, 05:43 PM. Reason: addendum

Comment

thanks for that Old School and 100uppers
                              cheers
                              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                              X