2012 World Seniors Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Mr Snooker View Post
    Can't sky sports get thier facts right on Players profiles, Nigel's Profile stated his highest ranking was N0 9 when it was N0 5 in the 1995/96 season, Dene O' Kane was twice a quarter finalist at the world champions 1987 lost To Jimmy White 13-6 and 1992 lost To Stephen Hendry 13-6 from 5-5, Less Dodd reached the last 32 of the world championships on three ocasions 1993 Lost To Eddie Charlton 10-7, 1993 Lost to Darren Morgan 10-5 and 1994 Lost to Steve James 10-9 (Not sure what year Less was slimmer of the year though), and Tony Chappel reached the last 32 of the 1990 world championships losing to Tony Knowles 10-4
    i tweeted them about Nigel Bond
    Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

Can't sky sports get thier facts right on Players profiles, Nigel's Profile stated his highest ranking was N0 9 when it was N0 5 in the 1995/96 season, Dene O' Kane was twice a quarter finalist at the world champions 1987 lost To Jimmy White 13-6 and 1992 lost To Stephen Hendry 13-6 from 5-5, Less Dodd reached the last 32 of the world championships on three ocasions 1993 Lost To Eddie Charlton 10-7, 1993 Lost to Darren Morgan 10-5 and 1994 Lost to Steve James 10-9 (Not sure what year Less was slimmer of the year though), and Tony Chappel reached the last 32 of the 1990 world championships losing to Tony Knowles 10-4
      les dodd = 1987
      Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

You're talking about a channel that employs Andy Goldstein as a snooker expert. They barely know what snooker is.

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
          You're talking about a channel that employs Andy Goldstein as a snooker expert. They barely know what snooker is.
          supposedly hes supposed to be a pretty high standard snooker and pool player

Comment

Originally Posted by LittleMissAlexa View Post
            supposedly hes supposed to be a pretty high standard snooker and pool player
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd69Lc3aLs4 against former european champion Darren Appleton at blackball pool (english 8 ball) 7 balled him with a total clearance

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
              on snooker hes supposedly beaten Steve Davis over a single frame

Comment

...and Tony Chappel reached the last 32 of the 1990 world championships losing to Tony Knowles 10-4
                Thanks for that Mr Snooker, I was wowndering who he was, so you saved me a goggle.
                He reminds me of a slightly younger Sam Allardyce, looks-wise.

-
                Last edited by PatBlock; 28 October 2012, 09:53 PM.
                The fast and the furious,
                The slow and labourious,
                All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Wikipedia page For Tony Chappel, hope he can beat Nigel Bond in the final be a great achievement for him

Tony Chappel Route to Final

Qualifying Round One beat Stefan Mazrocis 2-0
                  Qualifying Round Two beat Barry Stark 2-1
                  Qualifying Round Three beat Pasty Fagen 2-0
                  Last 16 (T.V. Stages) Beat Tony Drago 2-1
                  Quarter Finals Beat Alain Robidoux 2-0
                  Semi Finals Beat Dene O' Kane 2-1

Nigel Bond Route to Final

Qualifying Round One beat Peter Williams 2-0 (I wonder if this was the Snooker Referee Peter Wiiliams)
                  Qualifying Round Two beat Steve James 2-0
                  Qualifying Round Three beat Gary Wilkinson 2-0
                  Last 16 (T.V. Stages) Beat Dennis Taylor Drago 2-1
                  Quarter Finals Beat Tony Knowles 2-0
                  Semi Finals Beat Darren Morgan 2-0

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                  Thanks for that Mr Snooker, I was wowndering who he was, so you saved me a goggle.
                  He reminds me of a slightly younger Sam Allardyce, looks-wise.

-
                  Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

Wikipedia page For Tony Chappel, hope he can beat Nigel Bond in the final be a great achievement for him

Tony Chappel Route to Final

Qualifying Round One beat Stefan Mazrocis 2-0
                    Qualifying Round Two beat Barry Stark 2-1
                    Qualifying Round Three beat Pasty Fagen 2-0
                    Last 16 (T.V. Stages) Beat Tony Drago 2-1
                    Quarter Finals Beat Alain Robidoux 2-0
                    Semi Finals Beat Dene O' Kane 2-1

Nigel Bond Route to Final

Qualifying Round One beat Peter Williams 2-0 (I wonder if this was the Snooker Referee Peter Wiiliams)
                    Qualifying Round Two beat Steve James 2-0
                    Qualifying Round Three beat Gary Wilkinson 2-0
                    Last 16 (T.V. Stages) Beat Dennis Taylor Drago 2-1
                    Quarter Finals Beat Tony Knowles 2-0
                    Semi Finals Beat Darren Morgan 2-0
                    the referee is williamson isnt he old faty guy who gets out of puff every time he moves

Comment

Tense end to that first frame, Chappel a bit unlucky getting a kick on the last red.

-
                      The fast and the furious,
                      The slow and labourious,
                      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

I see Neal Foulds was commontating today on both snooker tornaments on Eurosport he did the Aditya Metha V Zhu Yinghui
                        in The International Championship and also Yesterday's and Today's matches in the World Seniors Championship, he must have got a quick flight from China lol
                        Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

ive already ,made that joke and was informed eurosport dont fly their commentators out

Comment

who won? I've just got back from playing snooker so don't know ...

Comment

just in case anyone from Sky Sports reads TSF ... I've enjoyed watching the tournament, best of 3 is obviously a short match but the upside is you get to see 4 matches (8 players) in a single afternoon/evening ... so well done, it's good entertainment ...

my only real gripe is it's a "seniors" tournament but every player I watched was younger than me ... dear oh!

Comment

Dandy: Nigel Bond won 2-0. I thought the tournament was always going to be between him, Morgan and Davis, and so it proved! Must say though, its a shame the TV coverage only started from the last 16, it would have been nice to see some of the 'older' oldies playing!

Comment

Working...
                                X