The Les Edwards Snooker Challenge Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Les Edwards Snooker Challenge Thread

WEEK ONE: Clear the colours off their spots.

Your mission this week, should you choose to accept it, is to clear the colours from their spots, MORE THAN ONCE! That's not back to back, or in the same day, but this week, you should achieve AT LEAST TWO colours clearances.

Please update us on your progress and anything you may be struggling with, and I'm sure all of our friendly members will be glad to help you.

Good luck Les!

EDIT: Also, anyone else that can't do these exercises, feel free to take part and let us know how you get on.

***** AS THIS THREAD HAS GROWN VERY LARGE, HERE ARE THE POST NUMBERS FOR EACH CHALLENGE *****

1 - Post 1
    2 - Post 135
    3 - Post 269
    4 - Post 440
    5 - Post 789
    6 - Post 943
    7 - Post 1190
    8 - Post 1451
    9 - Post 1909
    Last edited by tedisbill; 1 February 2016, 12:37 AM.
    WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
    Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

You should stipulate video evidence as proof!
    It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Challenge accepted! Here's my video
      Oh - and I'd be grateful for any advice on my action. I know it needs work!!
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdKOR59-ri0

Comment

Originally Posted by timcunnell View Post
        Challenge accepted! Here's my video
        Oh - and I'd be grateful for any advice on my action. I know it needs work!!
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdKOR59-ri0
        Well done Tim!

Looks good mate. Nice and relaxed. Nice pace around the table. Keep it up!

Comment

Thanks!
          Is there going to be a weekly challenge? If so I am looking forward to next week's already
          Great idea for a thread!

Comment

Hopefully, Tim yeah. The idea is we can set some targets and get Les and other people achieving some helpful goals.

Comment

Originally Posted by timcunnell View Post
              Thanks!
              Is there going to be a weekly challenge? If so I am looking forward to next week's already
              Great idea for a thread!
              Agree with Ted you look very natural and relaxed. Is that your table?

Comment

Sounds great! I know I struggle to find ways to keep practice interesting (I'm sure I'm not alone there!!) so something like this is ideal!

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                  Agree with Ted you look very natural and relaxed. Is that your table?
                  Thanks Sadly not my table. Its up the local con club. Its great for practice as its actually got a half-decent cloth on it, I take my own balls, and its tucked away in the loft of this building, so nobody else ever goes up there!

Comment

Nice Tim...
                    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
                      Well done Tim!

Looks good mate. Nice and relaxed. Nice pace around the table. Keep it up!
                      Yes very natural looking too, i think Les should try this sort of pace, as at the moment he is far too slow and would probably still be lining up the yellow !

Comment

The Les Edwards Snooker Challenge Thread

I'm up for the challenge! playing my fil tonight so will start tomorrow but don't expect video!

Comment

Originally Posted by thommo335 View Post
                          I'm up for the challenge! playing my fil tonight so will start tomorrow but don't expect video!
                          Good luck mate. Let us know how you get on.

Comment

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
                            Good luck mate. Let us know how you get on.
                            Played 4 frames against my FIL, in one frame I missed 6 pinks and a black after opening reds.........doh!
                            Determined to leave the table on a good note, I've just managed the colours off their spots twice - I'm sweating buckets and knackered but I persevered and made it!! Since I had the table I've gone from never having done that routine to maybe completing it 20 times now in 6 months, thought tonight would be easier than it proved to be but stuck at it and concentrated hard......

Comment

Before I leave the club I play myself at best of eleven on the colours, a point if I clear it, two if I do it on a loop, and one against if I miss. I won six nothing today, went round in a loop three times, which doesn't happen that often.
                              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Working...
                              X