Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian Cox

Hi all,

Just wanted to recommend Brian Cox as a coach, I have had a few lessons with him now and the results have been amazing, my cue action is much more under control and the mental side of my game is improving too.

Great coach and really nice guy, I'd highly recommend. I know he coaches all over the UK, not 100% what areas but it's definitely worth contacting him to see if he covers your area.

http://briancoxsnooker.co.uk

Originally Posted by rightoncue89 View Post
    Hi all,

Just wanted to recommend Brian Cox as a coach, I have had a few lessons with him now and the results have been amazing, my cue action is much more under control and the mental side of my game is improving too.

Great coach and really nice guy, I'd highly recommend. I know he coaches all over the UK, not 100% what areas but it's definitely worth contacting him to see if he covers your area.

http://briancoxsnooker.co.uk
    I second that. I've been having lessons with him for two years now and can't recommend him enough! He really is a top dude and knows his stuff! Got me making 50 plus breaks in no time...
    Follow my snooker Articles/stories on Twitter@chrisgaynor2

Comment

What did he pick up on...?

Comment

Originally Posted by andy 7671 View Post
        What did he pick up on...?
        I was a complete beginner and I had a five hour lesson with him on my very first meeting!

He went through everything in detail - sighting, stance, bridge - how far you should be from white, and general tips.

Some of his tips for match play are really useful! The other great thing about him is he always follows up with you how you are getting on and never pressures you into having another lesson etc.

He'll also send you a breakdown of what you did in the lesson via email so you can review it and implement it when you go to practice on your own...

Top coach!

Comment

What a brilliant way to start, best of luck for the future. Bit O/T but what influenced you to start playing...?

Comment

Originally Posted by andy 7671 View Post
            What a brilliant way to start, best of luck for the future. Bit O/T but what influenced you to start playing...?
            The other great thing is he lets you experiment with technique and if you see something on Youtube or somewhere and you show him it he will never knock it until he's seen you do it in action and then he'll deconstruct it.

Still having lessons with him now and that's two years on. You'd be surprised at how much there is to learn! Also, in a two hour lesson you'll come out with so much confidence!

Well worth a try...

Comment

I can definitely recommend Brian, he helped me a lot with the game mentally, since not having his help my game has gone away so always look forward for when I can be coached.

Comment

Good to hear glowing testimonials like this about someone you know.

Brian is a lovely guy, an ex pro, and I've played against him several times in comps. I've definitely lost and definitely won, might be 1-1 but I've a sneaking feeling I might be 2-1 up! I've also bumped into him at the cuezone at the Masters, the Cern institute and on 'Would I lie to you' and Stargazing Live with Dara OBriain!
                I often use large words I don't really understand in an attempt to appear more photosynthesis.

Comment

did he tell you to D:REam and that things will only get better?

Comment

Had another great lesson with Brian yesterday.

The moment I played a shot - he spotted a fault in technique and rectified it straight away and I was cueing as sweet as a nut again.

Also learnt some great tricks of the trade when it comes to playing safety shots, and he got me doing some real advanced stuff.

Two hours with him is well worth the money!

Comment

Originally Posted by andy carson View Post
                      did he tell you to D:REam and that things will only get better?
                      or he was very good in the borne identity.
                      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Another Great Lesson with Brian Cox

Just wanted to say I had another great lesson with Brian Cox yesterday.

Within the lesson he spotted a major flaw in my game (nothing to do with stance or grip) that he rectified and it actually improved my long game on shot to nothings and safety dramatically!

This guy is absolutely ace at spotting flaws and technical faults and putting them right.

Not only that but he really does make sure that you understand how important it is and gives you great feedback on it for solo practice.

If you haven't booked a lesson with him yet, then I suggest you do, as the two hours I book with him every month/six weeks really are worth it!

Thanks....

Comment

What are his rates? I actually saw him on Monday in Croydon. He picked a ball out of my table pocket as I potted it haha

Comment

Originally Posted by thai_son22 View Post
                            What are his rates? I actually saw him on Monday in Croydon. He picked a ball out of my table pocket as I potted it haha
                            I pay £60 for two hours generally....so £30 an hour - but I think that's because he has to travel to Woking etc...Yes he's also coaching at Frames now I believe....

Comment

Working...
                            X