No announcement yet.

Last post for a while but advice sought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A video is required filmed from both sides, dead in front and dead behind. If you've never seen yourself play then I can honestly say it will be a revelation. I put up a video on the forum and couldn't believe the faults I witnessed; have since worked on them and am improving at the age of 60.
    Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Ok so I finally beat my mate. He played so bad I am almost suspicious he did it to keep me playing.

Given I had more chances, I had multiple 10-15 breaks and played very, very well.

I that my aiming was more instinctive. Like throwing a dart, more than some huge exercise in geometry.

Also, when I had it together, I was actually quite tense from keeping still, and my cueing was slow, and deliberate, not like pool. I was too loose before, it felt more like a fully committed concentration exercise, but for cueing right, not aiming.

Balls were horrible but made my breaks off blue pink and baulk mainly. Def. had 5 or so 4-5 ball breaks.

Long pots also.

Amazing how it all came together, and it’s mainly from moving focus from aiming to cueing straight.

Slow and deliberate cueing while keeping still on shot really is key. Really have been too loose and lax before.

Also found I was using less power and more back and top and hitting pocket weight more.

Thanks for the help, I’ll be still getting coach and doing vids, but speeding up play really helped aiming....kind of “feeling” the angle like aiming a rifle and getting on line seems to be much better than obsessing on bob.

Hard to explain what I was doing different but not allowing my brain to think too much about the angle works.
      Last edited by Snookclops; 8 February 2018, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
        A video is required filmed from both sides, dead in front and dead behind. If you've never seen yourself play then I can honestly say it will be a revelation. I put up a video on the forum and couldn't believe the faults I witnessed; have since worked on them and am improving at the age of 60.
        Fair play, I'll film myself doing the line up and stick it up on here, hopefully that will help me. I've just got to sort my phone to get a decent video. Cheers

Comment

Working...
        X