Who's used this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
    How one reads certain posts is subconsciously biased to ones own misunderstanding of ones own shortcomings. If you're not seeing the angle or the line of aim then you're not looking at the proper targets, work that out first before employing some alledged potting aid.
    None of these contraptions work or we'd all be buying one and potting them off the lampshades.
    What exactly is it I have to look at then. Because tbh I could stand and stare for hours at a certain shot and still wouldn't get it. And please don't say just the contact point because I seriously doubt anyone can see the exact point on a fine cut across the length of the table

Comment

How one reads certain posts is subconsciously biased to ones own misunderstanding of ones own shortcomings. If you're not seeing the angle or the line of aim then you're not looking at the proper targets, work that out first before employing some alledged potting aid.
      None of these contraptions work or we'd all be buying one and potting them off the lampshades.
      You've grossly misunderstood the reason for the aid then. Shame. Maybe see the product first before having an opinion? This helps people see the angle - to some it doesn't come naturally as they are visual learners. It doesn't pot for you. But thanks for your input.
      I've just had a look on the website and it's had many professionals say great things about it - but let's just ignore the professional coaches and use guess work to figure it out.

Comment

Ok vmax you win. Went to the club tonight and did as you said. After all what's the point having an argument if you don't try to see the other persons point of view, right? I made a conscious effort of focusing on the object ball and let my body get onto the line of aim by feel alone never taking my eyes of the object ball. Not a particular point, just the whole ball. When I felt happy I made sure I went down nice and straight never taking my eyes of until I was fully in position. A quick check to make sure I hit centre ball and focus straight back at the object ball. Cut a long story short, I beat two players who would normally wipe the floor with me. So thanks mate
        Last edited by rimmer10; 24 July 2018, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by rimmer10 View Post
          What exactly is it I have to look at then. Because tbh I could stand and stare for hours at a certain shot and still wouldn't get it. And please don't say just the contact point because I seriously doubt anyone can see the exact point on a fine cut across the length of the table
          The potting aid shows you that. Some pots you certainly won't need it as it's obvious but it visually shows you a system for where to play the cue ball to. As mentioned before, it's really useful as a training aid to help your game (and it will). The more you use it the less you'll need to use it because it will then become natural. What it WILL do is make you more consistent.

Comment

Hello everyone.

Thank you for the thread (for a product that isn't even on the market yet!)

I have read through and appreciate all the feedback! I would love full feedback from vmax and rimmer10 if you would like to try it out?
            Send me your address to sales@rrcuecases.com and I'll send you one of the prototypes that the coaches received (FREE of course).

I fear that there is a misunderstanding for the use of this tool so I'll be doing some short videos explaining it fully in the coming weeks.
            There is also a bit of the unknown, so hopefully with more people trying it out and some explanation videos, that will make it clearer whether you would benefit from the tool or not. I would suggest anyone who struggles with consistency would do well to spend just a few pounds on getting one.

Any questions on anything, please just email me rrcuecases.com

Keep well and keep playing everyone!

Rob Reed

Comment

Originally Posted by Rob Reed View Post
              Hello everyone.

I have read through and appreciate all the feedback! I would love full feedback from vmax and rimmer10 if you would like to try it out?
              Send me your address to sales@rrcuecases.com and I'll send you one of the prototypes that the coaches received (FREE of course).

I fear that there is a misunderstanding for the use of this tool so I'll be doing some short videos explaining it fully in the coming weeks.
              There is also a bit of the unknown, so hopefully with more people trying it out and some explanation videos, that will make it clearer whether you would benefit from the tool or not. I would suggest anyone who struggles with consistency would do well to spend just a few pounds on getting one.

Rob Reed
              Hi Rob
              Thanks for the opportunity. I would absolutely love to take you up on the offer and try your product. Send you the email now

Comment

Originally Posted by Rob Reed View Post
                Hello everyone.

Rob Reed
                Hi Rob,

Great to see the man behind the product offering the sceptics a free sample. It shows you're backing the concept fully.
                I'm probably leaning towards Vmax's perspective however it's difficult for me to put myself in a beginners shoes having
                not been one for 20 years.

All the best with it and fair play to you for backing your product.

cheers
                Tom
                "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Ok vmax you win. Went to the club tonight and did as you said. After all what's the point having an argument if you don't try to see the other persons point of view, right? I made a conscious effort of focusing on the object ball and let my body get onto the line of aim by feel alone never taking my eyes of the object ball. Not a particular point, just the whole ball. When I felt happy I made sure I went down nice and straight never taking my eyes of until I was fully in position. A quick check to make sure I hit centre ball and focus straight back at the object ball. Cut a long story short, I beat two players who would normally wipe the floor with me. So thanks mate
                  Way to go rimmer10, next time focus on the overlap the balls will make when they contact (see image), focus on the green bit as this is the contact point you should be looking for and not the tiny little surface area that's actually contacted.

Vesica_piscis_circles.svg.png
                  Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                  but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Way to go rimmer10, next time focus on the overlap the balls will make when they contact (see image), focus on the green bit as this is the contact point you should be looking for and not the tiny little surface area that's actually contacted.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19091[/ATTACH]
                    Will try, thanks!
                    Now I finally understand what good old Brucey was on about all those years ago.
                    https://youtu.be/cJMwBwFj5nQ

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19091[/ATTACH]
                      Struggled a bit with that one last night vmax. Found it difficult to visualise. Probably tried a bit too hard and didn't allow it to happen. Will persevere with it. All I could think of was my old man taking the stabilizers off my little bike about 45 years ago, thanks to your analogy from a different post.
                      Last edited by rimmer10; 1 August 2018, 04:40 AM.

Comment

i've struggled with visualizing contact points on shots for some time. and its not for the lack of practice ,because i do at least 8 hours a week solo practice. i can see some shots but a lot of them its just guesswork and mine isn't as consistent to give me enough confidence that i am selecting the right line.

i have worked on my cueing consistently and i am confident that i can deliver the cue straight enough to pot if i have selected the correct line of aim.

i would love to test something like this out Rob, to see if it actually will improve my learning of line of aim and potting angles.
                        ive tried to create something like this for myself as a training aid however i wasn't successful , i didn't have the tools and material to do so.

Comment

Struggled a bit with that one last night vmax. Found it difficult to visualise. Probably tried a bit too hard and didn't allow it to happen. Will persevere with it. All I could think of was my old man taking the stabilizers off my little bike about 45 years ago, thanks to your analogy from a different post.
                          Maybe this would be better, visualise each line and focus on that or visualise the object ball into two blocks and shut out the major block and focus on the minor block.

chords in circle.jpg
                          Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                          but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Maybe this would be better, visualise each line and focus on that or visualise the object ball into two blocks and shut out the major block and focus on the minor block.

[ATTACH]19093[/ATTACH]
                            Thanks mate. I feel like I need to stick with the overlap for a little while longer. Even though I struggled a bit last night, I still kind of managed to catch a glimpse of it on a few occasions and it felt good. Mainly half ball shots.

Comment

Thanks mate. I feel like I need to stick with the overlap for a little while longer. Even though I struggled a bit last night, I still kind of managed to catch a glimpse of it on a few occasions and it felt good. Mainly half ball shots.
                              Keep it up and you'll be rewarded. When I'm in the zone (rarely) I do this without thinking and I don't miss until I realise what I'm doing, then self 1 has a little word with me and I look but don't see. Got to keep him quiet that self 1 as he's always interfereing.

Comment

i see a bit of the inner game of golf talk there...good book

Comment

Working...
                                X