Pressed soft tips in 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressed soft tips in 2019

Everyone uses a tip that they prefer and will swear by it and some will even try to convince other people they are using the wrong tip. It's all subjective so I'm asking a good question that anyone can get involved in (except companies trying to sell me their products unless they are free &#128521. My other half prefers soft tips and she's certainly a pressed type of person. She is very picky on the sound (hates the sound my M Talisman gives) and she doesn't like tips when they lose shape (elk master). She is currently using a Buffalo diamond plus which she likes but I was wondering what tips are now in the market that give the performance like a Elk and BDP but keeps it shape. Please don't mentioned layered or laminated because she certainly won't want any of those. (tried her with them and it's a no).

I love the M Talisman - can't wait to get my hands on more of those. Currently using the Talisman trinity medium and it just feels soft for me but then the medium talisman has a hard feeling so I guess the newer product is more in line with its description.
    A lot of people at my club don't like the sound of the Talisman M and think I miscued but really I hit it sweet!

Comment

I have tried all sorts and haven’t found anything more consistent than the Century G3’s

Comment

Originally Posted by bringmeflowers View Post
        Everyone uses a tip that they prefer and will swear by it and some will even try to convince other people they are using the wrong tip. It's all subjective so I'm asking a good question that anyone can get involved in (except companies trying to sell me their products unless they are free ). My other half prefers soft tips and she's certainly a pressed type of person. She is very picky on the sound (hates the sound my M Talisman gives) and she doesn't like tips when they lose shape (elk master). She is currently using a Buffalo diamond plus which she likes but I was wondering what tips are now in the market that give the performance like a Elk and BDP but keeps it shape. Please don't mentioned layered or laminated because she certainly won't want any of those. (tried her with them and it's a no).
        For soft I have tried elks, elk pros, cannon, grand and MW velvetspin. Gave up on both types of elk, too inconsistent. Cannon was trash. Grand wasn't that soft. They all lost their shape about the same, fairly long bed in and reshaped after a few weeks, other than the MW which kept its shape better- reshaped after maybe 4-5 weeks. For reference, I didn't use these tips more than 4 or 5 hours a week so I'm a relatively light user. I liked the MW best for sound and feel, although I'd probably describe it as a soft/medium rather than soft.

I switched out so many soft tips trying to find a decent one, I gave up. The MWs were the best I tried, but there's more choice (and cheaper) medium tips which are not much harder, play just as well and require less maintenance.
        Last edited by Mark187187; 9 May 2019, 10:08 PM.

Comment

my tips of choice were BBD+ for a long time.
          Tried a Phoenix laminated, didn't like it.
          Put on an ADR147 pressed tip and love it.

Comment

My blue diamond plus keeps shape pretty well after clamping initially for a day prior to putting the tip on.

Comment

I've personally gone through a lot in the past. I used to be like the other half wanting a soft tip but I was never happy. Elks and blue diamonds 20 years ago were great but I'm not so sure about them now. Tried The Grand and I took it straight off because it felt like concrete. Pheonix are nice but feels like the tip is sliding off the cue ball (hard to explain). Mui was ok but felt like clay... Unless it is clay lol. Adr147 feels like a sponge. I'm sure many people like them and prefer that type of thing but it's like a shock absorber on the end of my cue. CC tips are not bad but with so many versions, it's hard to choose the right one without swapping and changing. Now Wooly tips aren't bad but my big problem with all the tips I mentioned was that I was always going back to my Talisman M. It's because difficult to chase that tip when all along you are already using it. So this is the issue I'm having again for the other half but at least she is more specific on what she wants.

Comment

Working...
              X