This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
    Was bought off someone else, he sold it to one guy then it was sold on to someone else who i bought it from. The cue had been sanded as it felt pretty rough, been over at Parris cues a couple of weeks now, hoping to get it back next month at some point. Very nice cue as it was though i have to say, just not as smooth as it usually would be.
    Would be great to see some pics once it's back.

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
      Would be great to see some pics once it's back.
      I'll get some up once i get it back, a while yet though.

Might take some pics of my tyrone cue tonight
      Last edited by narl; 13 May 2019, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Getting something similar done to a classic i have, a double face splice of ebony on the bottom and snakewood on the top. What did they rebadge your cue to as they normally change the badge to "special cue" as its no longer standard for the regular badge. And how long did that take to get done?

The professional cue design never really struck me as a double face splice, i mean it is but for all the size of the secondary wood splice thats visible it looks more like a veneer.
        Took about 6 weeks... for this sort of thing they have come out with a new badge with "unique" on it unlesd it is a special/paragon/ultimate. I dont like that so had them do me one that says "the artful dodger" on it.

Comment

• i have the empire match cue E.A. clare and son liverpool and am just wondering what its worth as its for sale?
          on ebay
          item number : 273842878105

Comment

• Classic before the work was done, fairly black butt.

Comment

• Cracking little cue, just a bit light for me after having used my 20.5 ounce beast. Will be listing the cue,case and extensions soon.

Comment

Cracking little cue, just a bit light for me after having used my 20.5 ounce beast. Will be listing the cue,case and extensions soon.
                Martin is making me a pear wood version of this cue, it should be with me very soon - only difference is that mine is more similar to Jimmys as the butt is round, but less similar as the badge will be in the more traditional position.

Comment

• Originally Posted by mrbluejay View Post
                  Martin is making me a pear wood version of this cue, it should be with me very soon - only difference is that mine is more similar to Jimmys as the butt is round, but less similar as the badge will be in the more traditional position.
                  Friend of mine used it for a few shots and thought it had a round butt, he's used to a burwat champion where the flat is more pronounced because of the badge

Comment

Cracking little cue, just a bit light for me after having used my 20.5 ounce beast. Will be listing the cue,case and extensions soon.
                    Wow, never seen a flat butt cue with a badge for a round butt cue

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                      Wow, never seen a flat butt cue with a badge for a round butt cue
                      It's similar to what parris has been doing lately with some of the cues having the badge higher up, not noticed it myself but Neil Robertson's new cue is meant to have the badge at a higher position. I can only assume this is to put it at an area of the butt where there's no sd socket, having it higher up means there's no sd socket hole behind it with a thin piece of ebony separating the 2 which could possibly break at some point.

Comment

What are the details/specs Narl? Might be interested...

Comment

Comment

• Originally Posted by trying View Post
                            Off the top of my head:

58"\18oz\28mm butt\9.8 tip.

Guy in the club is trying it out.

Comment

• Here are my two.

Comment

• Originally Posted by hunter101 View Post
                                Here are my two.
                                Woods and Grand?
                                Look nice cues

Comment

Working...