Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW TECH:automatically snooker scoring system

Hi everyone

i am here to show everybody a new technology in snooker industry .

as i know,this is popular in China ,and it wil show up in Snooker RUSSIA Youth series in August.

we call it Smart Snooker Scoring System,it work through machine vision and artificial intelligence.So it can catch the color and movement of the ball in snooker table to realize scoring automatically.

it is developed for two years,it become more and more moture.

we hope to promote it to all the snooker amateurs.it is the future way to score the game.And we want to find a strong partner.

https://youtu.be/wob0SI8pZd4

it will be impressive

Comment

give me some advises please

Comment

How do you nominate a ball? How accurate it the ball tracking? Accurate enough for a touching ball? Accurate enough to pick up super thin contacts?

I get the feeling it isn't going to be anywhere near fully automated in alot of instances, which means overriding the automatic software maually. If it's more complicated and time consuming to use than a manual scoreboard, it might struggle to catch on.

I don't know how much demand there is for this either in clubs or profesionally. There are already lower tech solutions which work fine- and I imagine our eyes are going to see finer detail than a camera system, unless thousands is invested in multiple cameras rigged around every table. This seems like a solution to a problem which doesn't exist.

Comment

Thanks sir ,i have read your reply sincerely

if we can make it showed in the match,then i can make the conclusion that this system is going to on it wayto be used.

we can recognize the touching ball,foul and the miss.the accuracy is above 98%,you should not worry about the accuracy about this ,we test it every day.what we can do is more than scoring but we can share the video and the statistic in a competitive environment.THIS will put the system into a deeper level.

Comment

how do you handle "free-ball" (I think this is what Mark was asking with Nominate)?
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
              how do you handle "free-ball" (I think this is what Mark was asking with Nominate)?
              There are two ways we deal with it.
              the system recognize the free-ball automatically by algorithm.the one way to handle it is hitting anyone of the ball which will be acquiescent as the free ball,the other way is that you can use the remote-control to chose one ball as your free ball.

Comment

acquiescent as the free ball = nominated as free ball with a will of its own

hm, so the algorithm says to itself that the next ball hit by the cue ball will be the nominated free ball - but what if the ball first hit was NOT the nominated free ball - this is a foul

good luck
                Last edited by DeanH; 20 May 2019, 11:02 AM.

Comment

This was my thinking. I get that during a break where nothing unusual happens, this is going to track the break without any problems. But, once you get into nominating, checking for a free ball, touching ball, fouls when you hit the wrong colour entirely etc your going to end up fiddling around with the software manually.

I'm imagining a situation like you get at self-service supermarket checkouts. It works a lot of the time, but every time it goes wrong and/or something needs doing by a human, you wait around for 5 minutes with your hand up.

Comment

acquiescent as the free ball = nominated as free ball with a will of its own

hm, so the algorithm says to itself that the next ball hit by the cue ball will be the nominated free ball - but what if the ball first hit was NOT the nominated free ball - this is a foul

good luck
                    I get your point,sir.the way we set to the game is flexible.In the official game,we need to nominate an exact ball as free ball by the controler,and for the not official game like the amateur playing in the club,we can just chose a flexible way to make the game goes on.

Comment

Originally Posted by jasonpan View Post
                      I get your point,sir.the way we set to the game is flexible.In the official game,we need to nominate an exact ball as free ball by the controler,and for the not official game like the amateur playing in the club,we can just chose a flexible way to make the game goes on.

Incorrect - in the official rules as long as the nomination is indicated to the satisfaction of the referee a player does not have to verbally declare the nominated ball unless asked by the referee to do so - then the player MUST declare verbally.
                      This indication can be by pointing, physically or with cue, can be verbally (but no mandatory); or the indication can be purely by the attitude of the cue and the manner of the shot being prepared for.

This is the same in pro matches as well as in amateur and also "down the club".

Comment

Is there a website for this product so we can look at it in more details?
                        Follow my snooker Articles/stories on Twitter@chrisgaynor2

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
                          This was my thinking. I get that during a break where nothing unusual happens, this is going to track the break without any problems. But, once you get into nominating, checking for a free ball, touching ball, fouls when you hit the wrong colour entirely etc your going to end up fiddling around with the software manually.

I'm imagining a situation like you get at self-service supermarket checkouts. It works a lot of the time, but every time it goes wrong and/or something needs doing by a human, you wait around for 5 minutes with your hand up.
                          but thing will always be replaced by machine and algorithm,right?we just make our first step forward

Comment

Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
                            Is there a website for this product so we can look at it in more details?
                            we are preparing all the detail in English version,and i have follow you in twitter and my twitter is @jasonpa04391796

Comment

Incorrect - in the official rules as long as the nomination is indicated to the satisfaction of the referee a player does not have to verbally declare the nominated ball unless asked by the referee to do so - then the player MUST declare verbally.
                              This indication can be by pointing, physically or with cue, can be verbally (but no mandatory); or the indication can be purely by the attitude of the cue and the manner of the shot being prepared for.

This is the same in pro matches as well as in amateur and also "down the club".
                              Dear sir,your advice is helpful.May i contact with you privately , i can show you how it really works and get some prefessional suggestions from a veteran.

Comment

Working...
                              X