• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    :biggrin:
    Can but try
    Try 100 year and 2x 50+yr tables at my club
    I love playing, I love watching on TV, stream or even on small mobile screen - can't get enough.

How did you know I have asked a pro if I could have a go on their table and got the very same answer?!?! :wink:

Like snookerfan - does not play but loves watching and going to events many times in the year! Dedication and love of the game

Rane - why the "absolute" statement that you would not go to an event? I only started going a few years ago and it is great
    I know I may be biased (just a tad) but just would like to know?
    Do you mean me m8 ?
    Simply because I can't afford to play pro snooker, why should I watch others with 20 or 25 years of experience of playing on pro tables play when I can't even afford to practise on pro tables , to boot often they've got a pro table at home,makes no sense to me at all m8.

It's just like a Spitting Image manifestation of inequality in a nutshell.

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post
      :biggrin:
      Can but try
      Try 100 year and 2x 50+yr tables at my club
      I love playing, I love watching on TV, stream or even on small mobile screen - can't get enough.

How did you know I have asked a pro if I could have a go on their table and got the very same answer?!?! :wink:

Like snookerfan - does not play but loves watching and going to events many times in the year! Dedication and love of the game

Rane - why the "absolute" statement that you would not go to an event? I only started going a few years ago and it is great
      I know I may be biased (just a tad) but just would like to know?
      Do you mean me m8 ?
      Simply because I can't afford to play pro snooker, why should I watch others with 20 or 25 years of experience of playing on pro tables play when I can't even afford to practise on pro tables , to boot often they've got a pro table at home,makes no sense to me at all m8.

It's just like a Spitting Image manifestation of inequality in a nutshell.
      Oops, apologies Rane, yes it was you trains

Where you say "...and tbh I wouldn't go to a venue anyway..." I take that as not wanting to watch pros are an event and I asked why so

I have never seen a Star table in any club near me and not that bothered really, if one was available of course I would give it a go
      But I love watching the pros playing, it is different to that you see on TV
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Where you say "...and tbh I wouldn't go to a venue anyway..." I take that as not wanting to watch pros are an event and I asked why so

I have never seen a Star table in any club near me and not that bothered really, if one was available of course I would give it a go
        It's a bit strange isn't it that if a person only had experience of driving a Ford Fiesta they wouldn't expect to compete with an experienced F1 driver at Silverstone or Brands Hatch yet the media still expects the public to eulogize over players who own or have exclusive access to pro spec tables, but of course each to their own Dean,enjoy your snooks:snooker:

Comment

You too

I think that some of the pros do not have access to match type facilities where they practise....

I watch and don't expect to be a pro

"I know my place"

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post

It's a bit strange isn't it that if a person only had experience of driving a Ford Fiesta they wouldn't expect to compete with an experienced F1 driver at Silverstone or Brands Hatch yet the media still expects the public to eulogize over players who own or have exclusive access to pro spec tables, but of course each to their own Dean,enjoy your snooks:snooker:
            But my analogy would be that the fiesta driver would be sitting on the grassy bank watching the pros do their thing around the circuit; not driving themselves
            Don't you go to F1 events trains ?

Comment

But my analogy would be that the fiesta driver would be sitting on the grassy bank watching the pros do their thing around the circuit; not driving themselves
              Don't you go to F1 events trains ?
              I was always the participant sporty type as well as enjoyed watching but I eventually realised pro sports is all about money so I hardly watch any sport anymore.
              I thought I could technique my way around that with snooker but I can't - you've gotta play on pro spec or very near tables.
              I was only using F1 as an analogy mate,have no interest in it,drove to Silverstone once in my work years ago but thats about it. :snooker:

Comment

Ranking system (in simple terms)

Yep been round Silverstone brands Thruxton over the years for my own enjoyment

Roger Bannister died the other day, I lost count how many times I read "amateur runner" :rolleyes"

Comment

Roger Bannister died the other day, I lost count how many times I read "amateur runner" :rolleyes"
                  He was an amateur though wasn't he? Practised part time while studying medicine, wasn't paid for his effoers etc?

Comment

Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post

He was an amateur though wasn't he? Practised part time while studying medicine, wasn't paid for his effoers etc?
                    Exactly that

Comment

Working...
                    X