Advise please =)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advise please =)

Hi all new to the forums here and joined to hopefully get some advise....

Back in 2009 I brought a handmade cue from Bob Denning of Dragon Cues. Who made cues for alot of the top Welsh National Team.

It's has 7.5mm Ferrell and is 3/4 made with Ash with the whole butt being mainly solid Snakewood with Ebony and Yellow Splicing.

This was custom made for me and is still in immaculate condition never being repaired or had any faults.

Sadly Bob passed away last year and had not made cues for some years prior to his passing.

Due to not having time to play now days I feel I'm wasting this beautiful cue by not using it and considering moving it on.

I brought it for £470 back in 2009 and I'm a little concerned that letting this go is either a big mistake due to how rare these have already become in just a few years or for under selling it.

Any thoughts or surgestions welcome and thanks in advance.

keep the cue. i don't believe it's worth anything significant enough to lay even the smallest doubts to rest.

Comment

Play or not a cue is for life, not just Christmas!
      "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
      National Snooker Expo
      25-27 October 2019
      http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

I'd agree with keeping it, or at least being very patient if you intend to sell. However nice the cue is, that small tip size limits the market even among pool players, so you'd really need to find someone who really wants it if you want anywhere near what you paid for it.

Comment

Thanks all for your replys... after consideration I will hold onto it. See what the future brings.

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
            I'd agree with keeping it, or at least being very patient if you intend to sell. However nice the cue is, that small tip size limits the market even among pool players, so you'd really need to find someone who really wants it if you want anywhere near what you paid for it.
            What has said it's spot on as most pool players go down to 8mm at most, very very few would want something that small.
            So will take limit your market and would say keep it.
            I have a cue I had made for me about 30 years ago but will never part with it, far too many memories go with it.
            For that one you've always wanted...
            https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

Working...
            X