Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screw-in rubber butt cap?

Hey, all.

I'm looking to pick up a screw-in butt cap for my Woods cue, as the butt of my cue has a crack in it. A rubber one would be ideal to absorb the shock. Does anyone know of any recommendations?
    Dublin, Ireland • English pool (WPA)
    PLAYING CUE (MAIN): Custom Jason Owen - #1384 (one-piece • 57" • 8.4mm • 17oz)
    PLAYING CUE (BACKUP): Custom Peradon (one-piece • 57" • 8.7mm • 17.5oz)
    BREAK CUE: Custom Jason Owen (one-piece • 58" • 10mm • 16oz)​

Originally Posted by Greg M View Post
    Hey, all.

I'm looking to pick up a screw-in butt cap for my Woods cue, as the butt of my cue has a crack in it. A rubber one would be ideal to absorb the shock. Does anyone know of any recommendations?
    https://www.woodscues.com/products/s...ted-woods-cues
    :snooker:

"You're not standing in my line of sight,but you are standing in my line of thought".

Comment

I have one of these as fits Parris joint too. Would’ve much preferred a rubber style like Thai cue ones though as Woods one is made of hard plastic but does the job. Actually got mine from Martin Daily(Tyrone Cues).
      Last edited by TooDark; 1 December 2018, 02:03 PM.
      VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
      Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
      Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
      Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

Originally Posted by TooDark View Post
        I have one of these as fits Parris joint too. Would’ve much preferred a rubber style like Thai cue ones though as Woods one is made of hard plastic but does the job. Actually got mine from Martin Daily(Tyrone Cues).
        Yes,I know what you mean.I wanted a rubber type one for my cue which isn't a Woods anyway.I couldn't find one anywhere on the internet so I made my own.

"You're not standing in my line of sight,but you are standing in my line of thought".

Comment

Originally Posted by Tim65 View Post
          Yes,I know what you mean.I wanted a rubber type one for my cue which isn't a Woods anyway.I couldn't find one anywhere on the internet so I made my own.
          Would good to see your own made rubber protector as rubber is the way to go for sure. I’ve always had a rubber one on Thai cues I’ve owned in the past.
          VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.

Comment

Would good to see your own made rubber protector as rubber is the way to go for sure. I’ve always had a rubber one on Thai cues I’ve owned in the past.

Comment

Originally Posted by Tim65 View Post
              Done a good job there and looks sweet! How did you make? And what joint did your cue get fitted with?
              Cheers for the photos by the way:encouragement:

Comment

Also, does it push in or screw in?

Comment

Done a good job there and looks sweet! How did you make? And what joint did your cue get fitted with?
                  Cheers for the photos by the way:encouragement:
                  It screws in - the "pin" coming out of the rubber is threaded (the threads are just difficult to see on the photo).The cue had already been altered for a mini extension & a telescopic extension when I bought it.I was able to buy a hard plastic plug on-line that screwed into the butt-thread.I also bought a rubber butt-protector common to old Riley cues.These are all rubber & were made to just push in.I then cut & filed down the external end of the hard plastic plug.Then removed the pin part of the rubber one cut & hole into it.The head of the hard plastic plug was then glued into the hole of the rubber butt-protector in such a way that the flat part of it lined up with the flat of the cue butt when it got tight.A small piece of self adhesive felt was then added to the flat side of it.

Comment

I use this nice rubber one that can fit any cue. Just push type:

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/vLBsndO

Comment

the link does not go to anything specific - just general home page-type
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                        the link does not go to anything specific - just general home page-type
                        I am able to open it. Maybe you could copy the link and open it in another browser.

Comment

got it ta
                          I see red push-on rubber butt-caps - like those on cheap-pub cues
                          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                            got it ta
                            I see red push-on rubber butt-caps - like those on cheap-pub cues
                            Yes, they are cheap but do the job. I use the black one.

Comment

Good Day, I have also made my own, I ordered a female and male screw used to make butt joints from online and fitted a butt from one of the old cues onto it. Is a little eavy being made of brass and rubber but works well. When rubber wears down I just replace the rubber. It was easy due to the threads screwing into the smaller rubber hole, a bit a glue on threads when all is good and its done. Cheers
                              I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Working...
                              X