No announcement yet.

Paul HUnter Classic (ET2) August 20-24, 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump vs Allen sounds like an exciting final.

I would like to see Trump win and continue playing
    well this season. He is definitely due.

Comment

• Trump was probably kicking himself pretty hard at missing that green which would've required a snooker for Allen to come back to win the frame. The entire match could possibly hinge on that missed shot.

A respotted black is a GREAT start to a tournament final!!

ETA: What a dicey 5th frame that was. They've both been pretty 'cagey' out there for most of the match.
      Last edited by Atypical Male; 24 August 2014, 08:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Atypical Male View Post
        Trump was probably kicking himself pretty hard at missing that green which would've required a snooker for Allen to come back to win the frame. The entire match could possibly hinge on that missed shot.

A respotted black is a GREAT start to a tournament final!!

ETA: What a dicey 5th frame that was. They've both been pretty 'cagey' out there for most of the match.
        Not at all what I was expecting but entertaining all the same. Hopefully Judd can take it to the decider, but the way the balls are spread and with Allen in play now...

-
        The fast and the furious,
        The slow and labourious,
        All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Trump gifted frame 1 for sure and he could
          have been up 3-0 without some poor mistakes.
          Allen did what was needed tho to win.

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
            Not at all what I was expecting but entertaining all the same.
            Agreed. There was some good grind-it-out battling between them, today.

The balls were spread extremely well for Allen, indeed, in that last frame... he did a very good job of calming the nerviness, and continuing a good run of balls to clinch it.

I'd have been fine with either of them winning, but I was rooting for Allen to take the title. His being able to smile with a wry grin fairly often after making a not-so-good shot has (for me, at least) painted him as being a very likeable player on the tour.

Comment

• Paul HUnter Classic (ET2) August 20-24, 2014

Wasn't pretty but that's how it is sometimes... hopefully Mark Allen makes a good account of himself at the majors, a good performance has been long overdue in any of the three of them!
              Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

Working...
              X