Mastercraft cues experience and review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mastercraft cues experience and review

i have received an order placed end of may to mastercraft cues, for 2 cues, one for me and one for my mate.

the order were as follow>

Cue 1: My mate
    Ash
    Ebony butt
    double face splice(ebony and kingwood with white veneers)
    57"
    3/4
    18.5oz
    9.5mm
    SD joint
    Personalised badge
    with mini butt.

Cue 2: My cue
    Ash
    Ebony butt
    Double face splice (cocabolo and kingwood with white veneers)
    58"
    1 PC
    18.5oz
    9.5mm
    SD Joint
    Matching mini butt with Sd Joint
    Personalised badges for cue and mini butt.

first impression after the hard carboard cyclinder package opening:

WOW. thats some lovely high level craftsmanship. the cues look stunning. stiff shafts, amazing grains, good balance and weight, consistent taper, and a precise flushed joint.

after a few shots here and there(only me Cue2):

good feel and feedback, nice follow throw to the cue ball and most of, MINIMUM THROW I HAVE EVER GOT ON A SNOOKER CUE. i mean im hitting balls with extreme side and i'm still hitting the intended contact points. i was amazed how acurate this cue was. i played with a few JP cues. 2 othose were JPUs, and i can say with this minimal throw, mastercraft cues for me anyday.

a message to Dave and Chris in Mastercraft Cues

you have done it, thanks a million guys, hope your business will prosper more.

will post a few pics when i go for a few frames today or tomorrow.

note to mention: when the order was ready, i paid in full, forgeting i had already paid 10% of the amount. Dave, sent me an email saying that i paid too much, since i forgot the deposit and immediatly refunded me the difference. Very Honest. and many thanks

Look forward to the Pics and it is great when you get something you are happy with.

Good stuff and all i have heard is positive reports from Mastercraft.
    If it is called " Common sense " why is it so rare???

Comment

glad you have had a result
      there have been some threads about lack or no communication, but usually gets sorted out.

a friend got a cue made by them a few years ago and he still loves it

what does your friend think of his cue?

yep look forward to pics
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

A very under rated cue maker and somewhat forgotten about on here. Can't remember the last time anyone had a cue from them on here, must be a couple of years.

I tried ordering one for a friend about 18 months ago but never got a response to e-mails or phone calls. Don't know what the problem was, eventually went elsewhere which is a shame because in terms of value for money they are as good as it gets.

Really looking forward to these pics to see what they are producing now.

Comment

I had a terrible experience with them and wouldn't reccomend them but perhaps they've cleaned up their act a bit.
          "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
            A very under rated cue maker and somewhat forgotten about on here. Can't remember the last time anyone had a cue from them on here, must be a couple of years.

I tried ordering one for a friend about 18 months ago but never got a response to e-mails or phone calls. Don't know what the problem was, eventually went elsewhere which is a shame because in terms of value for money they are as good as it gets.

Really looking forward to these pics to see what they are producing now.
            I sell them all the time great cues but the same issue as with most makers not always on time!
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
              glad you have had a result
              there have been some threads about lack or no communication, but usually gets sorted out.

a friend got a cue made by them a few years ago and he still loves it

what does your friend think of his cue?

yep look forward to pics
              my friend thinks its an amazing cue, the feel, the balance. everything.

well when i placed the order, the estimated delivery were 4-8 weeks. they took around 8 weeks and few days more, but hey am happy with the cue. the communication is not the best but its good. i think Dave is not always in the workshop and doesn't reply to emails fast, but he replies to most of my emails, better late than never. Chris is always in the shop so he always picks up the phone when i called, not really a PC guy as he said, but gets the job done.

Thanks again MasterCraft

Comment

20140724_121309.jpg pics of the cues

Comment

Originally Posted by drjef28 View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]16768[/ATTACH] pics of the cues
                  Very nice and well done.
                  If it is called " Common sense " why is it so rare???

Comment

Sorry if I have missed something but are these custom orders, or how does it work ?
                    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                      Sorry if I have missed something but are these custom orders, or how does it work ?
                      they have different splice designs to choose from, each of which have a different price tag. you can choose the type of wood, and you can choose all the measurements you like, like 1pc or 3\4, ash or maple, ebony or rosewood, weight, tip size, balance point, regular or custom badge, regular or matching mini butt.

here are clear pics of the cues

cue1.jpgcue2.jpg

Comment

I had a great experience with mastercraft cue
                        Bought it 4 years ago and it still plays just fine.It was a cheap model but i will be getting a custom one from them

Comment

Hey bro! How much did you pay for each of the cue? Since I am interested in getting a custom one. And please share your experience if you have played with a Mike Wooldridge cue. Which one is better among the two or they match each others quality?

Comment

didnt play with MW, but i have played with JP and H&O and a few others. i dont know, they feel different, my cue fits me perfectly. if you dont know what you want in a cue, try a couple of them and see which suits your style. if you have a cue and want something better quality get what specs you want and email them.

Comment

Think communication is an issue
                              Rang 11 days ago, then sent email same day, emailed and called again still no reply

Comment

Working...
                              X