No announcement yet.

Sean Parker Handmade Cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also played snooker with it and it was really nice aswell playing then.
    And although pool is a heck of a lot easier than snooker still nice to use a good cue while playing with it rather than the end of a broomstick
    And I think we beat you 3-0 last night if I'm not mistaken

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
      +1 . He could at least have used a barbless hook and low breaking strain line.

Make a sport out of it.

This is just a massacre.
      Always nice to be subtle lol

Comment

Ouch......great comeback. Spurs were poor , thought they would have got at least a draw against Liverpool . 3rd goal was pure class .

15 all
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
          Ouch......great comeback. Spurs were poor , thought they would have got at least a draw against Liverpool . 3rd goal was pure class .

15 all
          Lol should of really thought about it before posting

Comment

I did think Tottenham would be more of a challenge but good result for us and looking forward to rest of the season.
            Was gutted did have 3-1

Comment

Thanks Zach

Comment

I know there was a bit of fishing earlier but there was a bit of truth in it and as an enthusiast of snooker and pool there is no question the snooker is THE game in terms of technique. However I think it is interesting that nobody can deal with Selbys much more advanced pool type safety. Is it the case that for all their technical mastery snooker players are simply not the brightest?

Comment

. . and another one settles down for a pleasant afternoon on the riverbank . . . .

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                    . . and another one settles down for a pleasant afternoon on the riverbank . . . .
                    Not at all. The proofs in the pudding, the earlier post about 99% less ability is technically unquantifiable. Selby on the other hand is the best player currently playing the game and nobody on here seems to rate him. I just think that unlike most snooker players he has a bit of brains. Look at Robertson, the power, the precision, the ball striking. Etc etc. Selby just outsmarts him, and as for the world final.......

Comment

uhmmmm you are right in many aspects in the sense f although snooker is by far more difficult than pool and that due to Selby's background on the pool table his safety play causes players to struggle, I wouldn't suggest that snooker players at pro level are a bit stupid :L You say Selby outsmarted Robertson I take this as you mean the semi finals last world champs but I disagree I think Robertson had no steam left after having two or three really tough matches before selby. If Mark Allen were playing anyone else with his form apart from Robertson in the world champs last year he would of gone through I think. Perfect example of this is Robertson coming back winning the wuxi then being shattered and losing in the final to judd trump in the australian gold althoguh judd did play really well in it

Comment

Sean Parker Handmade Cues

did you know the word (pool) is latin for not enough room for a snooker table

Comment

Originally Posted by jb134 View Post
                          I know there was a bit of fishing earlier but there was a bit of truth in it and as an enthusiast of snooker and pool there is no question the snooker is THE game in terms of technique. However I think it is interesting that nobody can deal with Selbys much more advanced pool type safety. Is it the case that for all their technical mastery snooker players are simply not the brightest?
                          Selby's pool type safety isn't advanced at all, It's designed purely to negate and frustrate opponents.
                          UK pool, before the advent of world rules, could be taken to extremes of boredom and single frames could take hours when both players were simply trying to negate the other.

The usual snooker safety shots are primarily to gain an advantage for a opening for a frame winning break. Selby's pool type safety denies this to his opponent and also to himself as he ties up the balls and when an advantage is gained he simply takes what's there and plays a negative shot again.

If his opponent isn't prepared to play the same way against him it's not really just a sense of not having the intelligence to counteract what he's doing, more of not having the intent to strangle every frame into an hour long tip tapping marathon.

Both Selby and Ebdon could send a glass eye to sleep and they're prepared to do that to win, other players are not and know that they need to enjoy what they're doing and not turn it into a mind numbing job.
                          It has nothing whatsoever to do with mental strength either, most pros simply don't want to play like that so they don't.
                          Hendry says that his heart used to sink every time the black got tied up, and how he got through that world final against Ebdon without committing hari kari is testament to his mental strength not Ebdon's.

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                            Selby's pool type safety isn't advanced at all, It's designed purely to negate and frustrate opponents.
                            UK pool, before the advent of world rules, could be taken to extremes of boredom and single frames could take hours when both players were simply trying to negate the other.

The usual snooker safety shots are primarily to gain an advantage for a opening for a frame winning break. Selby's pool type safety denies this to his opponent and also to himself as he ties up the balls and when an advantage is gained he simply takes what's there and plays a negative shot again.

If his opponent isn't prepared to play the same way against him it's not really just a sense of not having the intelligence to counteract what he's doing, more of not having the intent to strangle every frame into an hour long tip tapping marathon.

Both Selby and Ebdon could send a glass eye to sleep and they're prepared to do that to win, other players are not and know that they need to enjoy what they're doing and not turn it into a mind numbing job.
                            It has nothing whatsoever to do with mental strength either, most pros simply don't want to play like that so they don't.
                            Hendry says that his heart used to sink every time the black got tied up, and how he got through that world final against Ebdon without committing hari kari is testament to his mental strength not Ebdon's.
                            Dear oh dear.

Comment

Hope you are all enjoying hijacking this thread with all your drivel.

Comment

Originally Posted by grimreaper View Post
                                Hope you are all enjoying hijacking this thread with all your drivel.
                                After post #12, I thought Sean would have moved it anyway.

Didn't realise it was still active for the purposes of post #1.

Comment

Working...
                                X