Clear All

• Originally Posted by sk1nnym0nkey View Post
    What's it like taking the taom chalk?
    I don't have a problem with it.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Originally Posted by sk1nnym0nkey View Post
      What's it like taking the taom chalk?
      It might be best to prepare the tip by using a tip pick and make sure all the old chalk is off the tip before applying the Taom. It takes the chalk fine. They're great tips.
      Last edited by jamesg19851; 12 September 2018, 10:12 PM.

Comment

• I just fitted a medium one to my cue yesterday. Shaped up beautifully and last night, all of a sudden my game started to become more consistent and thus more confidence flowing. Just now, i just beat my high break and got a 78! So I can 100% say, these tips are the tits! Now I'm aiming for my 1st century with some realistic thoughts of doing it! This is great progress having only had my table a year to the month. :-)
        Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

• Going to be fitting one of these later in the week when my cue arrives back - will be the first tip I've fitted in years, previously just used elkmasters.

Whats the best way to reduce the height once its on the cue? Are they ok to be trimmed with a scalpel or is it best to just use coarse sandpaper and take it down?
          Last edited by kungfuman; 27 November 2018, 07:46 AM.

Comment

• trim them with a blade first.

Comment

• Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
              trim them with a blade first.
              Hi there - any chance of a sample of these tips for a review on SnookerZone?
              Follow my snooker Articles/stories on Twitter@chrisgaynor2

Comment

• moved to pressed tip thread
                Last edited by wayne; 28 November 2018, 02:58 AM.

Comment

• On the subject of chalk!

I've been using these tips for 8 ball pool for a couple of years and they are the best tips I've ever used, Soft is the hardness I settled on after trying SS, S and M. I have converted a few people around here to them also. I just use Tweeten green Triangle chalk and it is OK but I don't get a perfect covering. I was wondering if anyone had found a chalk that suits these tips better?

Comment

• remember you need less chalk on laminated tips.

Comment

• Originally Posted by TornadoTed View Post
                      On the subject of chalk!

I've been using these tips for 8 ball pool for a couple of years and they are the best tips I've ever used, Soft is the hardness I settled on after trying SS, S and M. I have converted a few people around here to them also. I just use Tweeten green Triangle chalk and it is OK but I don't get a perfect covering. I was wondering if anyone had found a chalk that suits these tips better?
                      Triangle pro.
                      VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
                      Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
                      Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
                      Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

On the subject of chalk!

I find that master chalk is superior to triangle chalk (all colours) on hard pressed and laminated tips, curiously I found that the standard light green master was a definate improvement over the light green triangle on my ADR!47 soft tips but the darker green (spruce) master is even better so my chalk search is over.

Comment

• Originally Posted by 22JOHNC View Post
                          I find that master chalk is superior to triangle chalk (all colours) on hard pressed and laminated tips, curiously I found that the standard light green master was a definate improvement over the light green triangle on my ADR!47 soft tips but the darker green (spruce) master is even better so my chalk search is over.
                          I like the grey one!

Comment

On the subject of chalk!

Comment

• New ADR147 Laminated Cue Tips!!!

similar, master chalk on laminated or very hard pressed tips is better than green triangle chalk, but green is better on soft medium pressed tips: except I find spruce triangle is the best on soft medium pressed tips. hence I have used spruce triangle for many years years

Not tried any taom chalk as of yet.
                              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                                I like the grey one!
                                i used a block before, i can say i played my best snooker with it, the only downside is it leaves marks on the CB. very noticeable marks

Comment

Working...
                                X