My Stance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Stance

A friend of mine took a couple of piccys this morning, both showing me at the table.

I'm just wondering if they might generate some comments from you very knowledgeable chaps. I might just learn something from what you might have to say.

Bear in mind that I am a bit of a grey haired old wrinkley who will be 77 in a months time

Stance_1.jpg

Stance_2.jpg

Everything looks fine from what I can see although one from behind showing hips to feet would probably be better. I am 72yrs myself and I'm still using the stance I always have except I've noticed my right leg (straight leg) is a little bent these days and I also turn my head slightly to the right in order to ease any strain on my lower neck.

Remember, the most important thing about your set-up is COMFORT.
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Very impressive mate. I'm 10 years younger and can't get "chin on cue" like you. Would that be right eye dominant?

Comment

Hard to completely tell but is your forearm behind vertical ?
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Looks good to me!
          WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
          Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
          --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

One thing I will say Bluenose is, there doesn't look any obvious tension in it, which is a great thing.
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

bluenose:

Took a closer look after the comments of others. You are cueing to the right of the chin and almost directly under your right eye. Not a problem though as that is normally personal preference. In the second pic it does appear your right forearm is behind the vertical which is easily solved by choking up on your cue an inch or two. It also looks like you have a little too much cue out past the 'V' of your bridge.

At our age it's definitely better to have a more compact set-up since our coordination has turned to crap and a more compact set-up means less to coordinate.
              Terry Davidson
              IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

I would say though: be careful bringing your grip hand forward, as this will alter your timing on the shot.

Having your grip hand slightly behind vertical at address, isn't really that much of a problem.

All my opinion of course
                WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I just knew that I would get some helpful comments, thanks chaps, tis much appreciated. Yes my elbow is definitely vertical and, I also take note of the length of cue beyond the bridge thank you.

Hi Bigmeek, thank you for your kind comment. I always consider myself rather fortunate that I can play the game, i.e. to be able to get down on the shot and walk around the table, some cannot even get out of the house. Yes I am definitely right-eye dominant.

Comment

Originally Posted by bluenose1940 View Post
                    A friend of mine took a couple of piccys this morning, both showing me at the table.

I'm just wondering if they might generate some comments from you very knowledgeable chaps. I might just learn something from what you might have to say.

Bear in mind that I am a bit of a grey haired old wrinkley who will be 77 in a months time

[ATTACH]18887[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]18888[/ATTACH]
                    It looks great !!

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
                      It looks great !!
                      Thank you Ramon, I always enjoy reading your input to this forum.

Comment

Originally Posted by bluenose1940 View Post
                        Thank you Ramon, I always enjoy reading your input to this forum.
                        Cheers ,
                        You look very comfortable with your stance tbh, which is very good .

May i ask which cue you playing with ? ( what made is it )
                        Off the topic question though . So feel free not to answer if you do'nt want to .

Comment

Working...
                        X