World Snooker Draws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Snooker Draws

Can anyone tell me how, when & where World Snooker do their tournament draws?? It would be great if they were done over the internet live stream or TV at a previous tournament to add a bit more excitement to the draw

Anyone got any other suggestions?

they are all done in the office in Bristol.
    At the moment they work on the draws for Shanghai, India, Doncaster and Fürth

Comment

Thanks vollzieherman,
      well if that's true then that seems a bit boring and in the interests of transparency you think that they would do them more public??

Does anyone know if there has been any complaints/questions by the pros on how the draws are done? You would think that one or two would complain if they had a few hard draws in a row especially with the flat 128 draws!! You wouldn’t think World Snooker would leave themselves open to this kind of criticism

Comment

Sorry "would not leave themselves open"

Comment

I repeat a thread on the Goldfields Open. How can seeds 2 and 3 be in the same half of the draw.

Comment

Surely it's a random draw ? You could see the top 16 all drawn in either the top or bottom half of the draws .

That would make for an interesting tournament .
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by pearce View Post
              I repeat a thread on the Goldfields Open. How can seeds 2 and 3 be in the same half of the draw.
              Once again, I don't understand what you find so illogical about that. If we assume the top4 seeds all reach the semi-finals of an event, the top seed would be drawn against the easiest opponent on paper, which is the 4th seed, while 2 and 3 would play each other.

If a tournament was strictly seeded (which only the World Championship is in snooker), the 1st seed would play the 8th seed in the quarter-finals, 2 would play 7, 3 would play 6, and 4 would play 5. If you go a round further 1 would play 16, 2 would play 15 and so on...

It would be a silly system for the 1st seed to get a tougher draw compared to the 2nd seed, would it not? :wink:

Comment

The real point is if "vollzieherman" is correct and the draws are made in Head office!

1. why, who and how?

2. Why were the Doncaster draws not done in Rotterdam where players & supporters can witness the excitement??

3. Do World Snooker have something to hide?

Your thoughts

Comment

they do not make a draw where all players where seeded on there ranking (1-16,2-15 ...).
                  only top 8 are seeded (not sure) and the others are random draw.
                  to difficult to do it in public
                  seeding for Doncaster and Fürth depends on the results from Rotterdam. So no chance to do that there

Comment

Originally Posted by vollzieherman View Post
                    they do not make a draw where all players where seeded on there ranking (1-16,2-15 ...).
                    only top 8 are seeded (not sure) and the others are random draw.
                    Yes, prior to this season it was the top4 seeded normally (1 and 4 in the top half, 2 and 3 in the bottom), then the four players ranked 5-8 drawn randomly into each quarter, and the eight players ranked 9-16 again drawn randomly into each part of the draw. So the 1st seed could potentially play the 9th seed in the 2nd round and the 5th seed in the quarter-finals. Except for the World Championship of course.

I'm not sure how things have changed this season with the flat system though...

Comment

Working...
                    X