Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    No, nor I. I was just saying.

I also have to say I think both the BBC and Eurosport could learn a lot from ITV's snooker coverage. Granted an ITV sister channel doesn't risk upsetting as many people with its wall-to-wall coverage, but still.
    mmm that'll be my Jill Douglas "thing", but she does do Cycling for Auntie

ITV have Clive, who BBC\Euosport, should both have, and some proper "Expert" type stuff. FFS McManus with his Break Variations beat anything either of the others have done?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
      His (Wilson's) cue action is rife for deceleration.
      Hmmm, apparently not. Have you tried it?

Comment

• Originally Posted by chad0131 View Post
        I have to say that I am looking at snooker through new eyes as a beginner and I have been watching the matches this weekend. I am absolutely enthralled!! Why is this game not more popular in the US? I truly had never really been exposed to snooker and I wish I had. I love pool and have played successfully for years but I am head over heals in love with snooker! And I don't even have my table installed yet! I can't wait!
        There were a fair whack of Canadians back in the 70's (inc a World Champion*) and Terry Dav(d)ison on here can give you chapter and verse as he was a Pro around the same time.

Is it rude if I ask which sort of Pool? There was a Mosconi cup in the mid 1990's, where your lot got spanked (well relatively speaking) by a few 9 Ballers and Snooker Players. Enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7xiae-32rM

*I can not mention his name as he was incredibly dull to watch and beat one of my few sporting "Gods" in that Final. Clive Everton has a brilliant book with Wizards in the title which you should be able to get from amazon.

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          turned into a good final session
          shame for Kyren but ROS pulled it out
          not the cleanest play but some nice breaks

Chad - did you enjoy the event? what stands out to you?
          I completely enjoyed this event and was glued to the computer the whole time! I even went home and replayed the last 4 frames with my son and dad. They were just as riveted and commenting the entire time. The level of play was impressive but what stood out to me is something I've seen in other sports I've coached. The stronger players fall into a comfort zone when tired and come out ahead. ROS got very comfortable and seemed to quit thinking and just play the game. Whereas Kyren seemed to continue to try to rely on his exacting form rather than let loose and "feel" the game. I loved watching him play and as he gets older I'm sure we'll see him develop into that kind of player. Experience won out here. Could've gone either way but in the end it was a great match with two great players. I'm chomping at the bit to find more of these that I can watch live. Anytime someone figures it out, please message me. Not easy getting snooker tournaments on live feed over here in the US.

Comment

• Mostly 8 ball but I love 9 ball!

Comment

• Originally Posted by chad0131 View Post
              I completely enjoyed this event and was glued to the computer the whole time! I even went home and replayed the last 4 frames with my son and dad. They were just as riveted and commenting the entire time. The level of play was impressive but what stood out to me is something I've seen in other sports I've coached. The stronger players fall into a comfort zone when tired and come out ahead. ROS got very comfortable and seemed to quit thinking and just play the game. Whereas Kyren seemed to continue to try to rely on his exacting form rather than let loose and "feel" the game. I loved watching him play and as he gets older I'm sure we'll see him develop into that kind of player. Experience won out here. Could've gone either way but in the end it was a great match with two great players. I'm chomping at the bit to find more of these that I can watch live. Anytime someone figures it out, please message me. Not easy getting snooker tournaments on live feed over here in the US.
              Hope you have converted your dad and son as well
              I have seen members pop up many stream sites and hope they do so again to help you.
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
              X