Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progressing with my game

Hi,

I've resolved to do at least 10 hours practise a week, divided between solo and match practise. I've been stuck in a rut for a while and have had the same highest break of 36 for a while but I feel I'm not really doing myself justice. I'm going to use this thread to record my progress and maybe post some videos of solo practise to get some feedback. It's going to be difficult but I'm going to give up alcohol and just devote my free time to snooker. I'm at a point at the age of 33 where I've just plateaued. I want to increase my standard to get more enjoyment out of the game.

Cheers,

James

Try to play with better player than yourself.

Comment

Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
      And learn to be a bstrd playing lesser players ;wink:

Comment

Thanks, I saw from some of your previous posts that you learned from better players, ton makers in your club. The problem is that there aren't too many people to play round here in Worcestershire. The good players already have established practice partners and it's hard to find somebody for a regular game.

Comment

I have found it difficult to make progress too, the players in our club are not at a higher standard and therefore i find it harder to make the improvements.
          other clubs that i have visited the established players have there own partners and i haven't played with many regular enough.

i therefore spend most of my quality practice doing solo. it helps to ingrain certain techniques , but its not the same as match play. i'm hoping i can get a regular decent player soon to practice with

Comment

You have to have good players to play with and players that will spend time with you showing you shots and pointing things out that you can’t see I had a top player that I used to play with I think anyone from the wigan area will know this guy des myler he was one of the best amateur players around here for years and even now he’s in his early 80s is still player decent snooker. He really took the time not just to play with me but to show me how to play

Comment

You have to have good players to play with and players that will spend time with you showing you shots and pointing things out that you can’t see I had a top player that I used to play with I think anyone from the wigan area will know this guy des myler he was one of the best amateur players around here for years and even now he’s in his early 80s is still player decent snooker. He really took the time not just to play with me but to show me how to play
              Ditto, you need to find someone who can play or a coach to show you the finer elements of the game.
              If your really lucky you'll have the natural flair for picking it up, the fact you have plateud tells me your mind doesn't work that way don't worry most of us have been taught in some degree either through traditional coaching or 'watch and learn' and ask questions later.

Break building from the 30's up into the 70-80's and even centuries is more about shot selection and seeing the game properly and that will be where your falling down. Tight control of the cue ball, planning ahead and playing the correct shot in every situation is something you'll need to be taught.

On the other hand at 30 breaker level you still may have some intermittent flaws in your cue action, this particularly could apply to certain shots a decel for example or trouble with a stun run thro whatever we all have shots we like and don't like but your technique will be what needs addressed in those instances and you may be breaking down because of that aswell.

Comment

Working...
              X