Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by LittleMissAlexa View Post
    on snooker hes supposedly beaten Steve Davis over a single frame
    I wonder why he talks so much guff then.

Comment

Originally Posted by Ginger Freak View Post
      Dandy: Nigel Bond won 2-0. I thought the tournament was always going to be between him, Morgan and Davis, and so it proved! Must say though, its a shame the TV coverage only started from the last 16, it would have been nice to see some of the 'older' oldies playing!
      thanks for the report Ginger and yes, I agree with your sentiments ... however Sky have commercial pressures and I really enjoyed the format in that every single match was televised, 8 players in sessions 1,2 (last 16) and 3 (QFs) followed by the semi-finals and final in session 4 ...

hopefully Sky will think it was a success and might consider filming the qualifiers and doing a "highlights" programme on the Friday evening before the main event ...

btw, I've just looked at www.snooker.org and noticed both Nigel Bond and Tony Chappel weren't seeded - they both played in qualifying round 1 ... dunno how it's seeded but I'm amazed Nigel Bond wasn't ... anyone know how the seeding works for this tournament?

having said that, I see Dave Harold wasn't seeded either and lost in qualifying round 1 ...

Comment

I believe it was probably because Bond lost in the 1st round 2-0 to Taylor last year and that it was Harolds first entry. Interestingly enough, Morgan was a qualifier last year and won it, maybe being seeded is not such a good thing!

Comment

Decent entertainment, but it made me appreciate the BBC coverage a lot more. The number of times the viewers couldn't see a pot due to a replay taking place was pretty poor, and subsequent closeups while the balls were still moving prevented us from seeing the positions of the balls on the table. I got the sense that the director wasn't a knowledgeable snooker fan. There was also some pretty shaky camera work too.

Comment

Funny you should say that, one thing I've really noticed with Eurosport's coverage lately is that the cameramen don't always get the shot right. They do a close up of the pocket they think a player is trying to pot in, only to have to move the camera to the other end of the table quickly when they realise their mistake.

Anybody else ever noticed that?

Comment

Just trying to get up to 10 posts

Comment

Sorry about this

Comment

Hopefully last one.

Comment

Originally Posted by You've Been Framed View Post
                    Hopefully last one.
                    You are on 3 lol

Comment