Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Differences between the sight right system and traditional sighting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Differences between the sight right system and traditional sighting?

Could someone point to any in depth explanation online of the differences between the sight right method of alignment and the more traditional kind of method of alignment or any other sighting styles come to think of it that may not be mentioned as much as the above?

I don't think anyone can. Hence why there is a fee to find out...
    "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
    National Snooker Expo
    25-27 October 2019
    http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
      I don't think anyone can. Hence why there is a fee to find out...
      Bloody thread killer..... Lol!

The truth is, there isn't much to it. Don't bother with sight rite cues, they were a complete gimmick really for anyone other than someone who has no natural feel whatsoever for the angle of the shot but still has a desire to play the game.

The gist of sight rite is to stand behind the shot and sight the angle of the pot. As you will most likely not be standing in perfect position for the pot immediately the idea is you sight it then shuffle your feet slightly to get into the right position to get down on the shot.

I think you can learn much by watching sight rite trained pro's like Kyren Wilson, Stuart Bingham, Mark Williams and of course Ronnie more recently. I'm not saying it's rubbish,far from it, but it is re instating good fundamentals to sighting an angle that many players including Ron have taken for granted due to the level of natural talent.

Now if you decide to pay a Steve Feeney sight rite coach to tell you this and he divulges more information than this, we would all like to know.
      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

It's not just a gimmick, it's the only way you'll ever know where to stand to actually sight the shot correctly pre shot and on the shot, all other coaches pretty much give a rough idea, this give the exact line where u need to walk in

Comment

Have you tried it Frazz? Does it work for you? Sounds interesting, especially if the likes of ROS can find value in it - a muppet like me would probably find it very useful!

Comment

Yeah I tried it for about a year, I struggled with it tho and haven't done it for a while, it's very hard, I think doing it u gotta do it constant especially at the start which I couldn't do, I was maybe doing it once or twice a month which is nowhere near enough, guys working with Feeney will be doing it 5 days a week to begin with for hours and hours cause u gotta get it drilled in, I did see why it works and can see why the guys doing it pot the way they do and manage to pot some of the ridiculous balls that they do, definitely worthwhile if I can afford to do it the amount required but unless your serious about the game and trying to really do something at the game then I wouldn't recommend it cause it's hard and a lot of hard work involved

Comment

Not really for me as I just wish to enjoy the game and not endure hours of pain in the process.

Out of interest, how much does Feeney charge? Ball park - I'm guessing he varies the fee - but just for sheer curiosity

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

The truth is, there isn't much to it. Don't bother with sight rite cues, they were a complete gimmick really for anyone other than someone who has no natural feel whatsoever for the angle of the shot but still has a desire to play the game.

The gist of sight rite is to stand behind the shot and sight the angle of the pot. As you will most likely not be standing in perfect position for the pot immediately the idea is you sight it then shuffle your feet slightly to get into the right position to get down on the shot.

I think you can learn much by watching sight rite trained pro's like Kyren Wilson, Stuart Bingham, Mark Williams and of course Ronnie more recently. I'm not saying it's rubbish,far from it, but it is re instating good fundamentals to sighting an angle that many players including Ron have taken for granted due to the level of natural talent.

Now if you decide to pay a Steve Feeney sight rite coach to tell you this and he divulges more information than this, we would all like to know.
                LOL!
                CC, I've started to practice again and when this happens I keep things very simple which includes life...
                Your answer however is premium, mine was just to the point

NOTE:
                Watch Jimmy White at his peak and he'll teach anyone to sight right
                "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                National Snooker Expo
                25-27 October 2019
                http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

I didn't go to Feeney mate so couldn't help u there. If your only wanting to enjoy it and have a game don't go near sightright, it'll just waste your head lol

Comment

Sound adice...it sounds painful until engrained so not for me, but great to watch some who are able to change their technique successfully.
                    Cheers buddy

Comment

Mr Feeney is a pretty shrewd business man, he patented sight rite and official training courses for coaches so they could be accredited sight rite trainers.
                      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

I had a session and ya it's not hugely complicated. The big part when I had my lesson was finding my vision centre or where my body position is for seeing a straight line. I think the cue is at least sort of helpful in that respect to find that standing position along with your vision centre, at least that was my experience. It definitely signaled to me that I just have a tendency to stand wherever and just find my way to the potting angle on the way down. It takes a lot of discipline to change up your pre-shot routine.

Comment

I think I'm on the right track when I stand behind the shot with my feet in my stance position so that my dominant left eye is sighting down the line of aim and I then don't have to turn my body or head when I drop down into my stance, or is this completely wrong ?
                          Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                          but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

The idea is to get your dominant eye on the line but it's also got to be the correct part of your dominant eye where under the straight line, otherwise your still looking across the shot

Comment

Anyone know what happened with the legal case between the various investors in sight right?

Comment

Working...
                              X