No announcement yet.

Any infor about Burnley Billiard Works?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any infor about Burnley Billiard Works?

Just got an old Burnley Billiard Works Special cue and would love to find out some information about the company- when did it start/cease trading? etc. I used to have an exhibition cue also made by them and both cues are exceptional quality. Anybody help?:snooker:

Burnley Billiard Works Ltd., were an offshoot of Willie Holt Ltd. I believe they were originally set up around 1920 as a holding company for the expansion of Willie Holt into the billiard hall market. They operated between the wars, and owned a number of premises throughout the country. I would assume that the reason Willie set up a separate trading company was to limit his risk should the venture fail. However, you can be sure that every table and cue marked "Burnley Billiards Works" was made by Willie Holt at Rosegrove, Burnley, Lancs., in the 1920s or 30s.

Comment

Many thanks 100-upper

Comment

Originally Posted by 100-uper View Post
        Burnley Billiard Works Ltd., were an offshoot of Willie Holt Ltd. I believe they were originally set up around 1920 as a holding company for the expansion of Willie Holt into the billiard hall market. They operated between the wars, and owned a number of premises throughout the country. I would assume that the reason Willie set up a separate trading company was to limit his risk should the venture fail. However, you can be sure that every table and cue marked "Burnley Billiards Works" was made by Willie Holt at Rosegrove, Burnley, Lancs., in the 1920s or 30s.
        Nice bit of history there....

Comment

I acquired a quarter snooker table marked burnley billiards works off my father. How much would one of these tables sell for? Any ideas on valuation? It looks extremely old. I would say its a antique.

Comment

Do you have any pics of the cue gloveman?
            Would love to see it pleeeeeese....
            "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
            National Snooker Expo
            25-27 October 2019
            http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

I have a burnley billiard cute, but as I'm so tall I had it extended, guess reading this that was a dumb thing to do lol,ops

Comment

Working...
              X