Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
    Ta, it could be a while until the 150th gets used

Either it hates you, or someone has nicked it?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/free-shipp...6h-aRZQB0ctT_g look familiar?
    It can't hate my.... I'm nice!

Maybe one of the cues might think it's funny to hide a box...
    Or just me miss placing it as I have the memory of a pissed goldfish on a good day and don't have to many of them....
    For that one you've always wanted...
    https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

Originally Posted by Ninja.cues View Post
      It can't hate my.... I'm nice!

Maybe one of the cues might think it's funny to hide a box...
      Or just me miss placing it as I have the memory of a pissed goldfish on a good day and don't have to many of them....
      So one of the cues hate you

Anyhow that box and tips look like the tips?

Btw: my vacuum cleaner turned off the Water Heater and hid one of the nozzle things

Comment

On the subject of tips. I have been watching the current matches on Eurosport and I can't help but notice the tips on the cues of the pros. When I fit a tip I merely put a nice dome on it and then get on and use it. The tips that the pros use are considerably less than the thickness of mine. Mine are probably close to 5mm thick whereas theirs seem to be close to 2mm or less. Would I benefit from reducing the thickness of mine? Presumably I would just need to slice some off and then re-dome it.

Comment

I tend to reduce the thickness of my tip once fitted so it is about half of a new tip - personal preference. Thinking about pros, they are playing if not every day nearly every day so the usage must contribute to thickness reduction
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by bluenose1940 View Post
            On the subject of tips. I have been watching the current matches on Eurosport and I can't help but notice the tips on the cues of the pros. When I fit a tip I merely put a nice dome on it and then get on and use it. The tips that the pros use are considerably less than the thickness of mine. Mine are probably close to 5mm thick whereas theirs seem to be close to 2mm or less. Would I benefit from reducing the thickness of mine? Presumably I would just need to slice some off and then re-dome it.
            These are the tips of most of the pro's at the last world championships.

Not as many small ones as you may think and in fact, quite a few are quite large!

https://www.snookercrazy.com/profess...er-tip-shapes/
            Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
            Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
            Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post

Not as many small ones as you may think and in fact, quite a few are quite large!

Don't know how Fergal plays with that Palma Violet overhanging the ferrule! Reminds me of what I thought was an old duffers tip down the working mans club as a kid.

I used to love the Stuart Carrington size tip when using old blue diamonds, such a lively tip but when knocked down to that size I could feel every shot. These days I'm closer to a John Higgins / ROS size using buffalo diamond.
              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post

That's a great link Shockerz, thank you so much. The tip that I use is very similar to the one used by Marco Fu, shapewise at least, don't know about the make though. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                  Don't know how Fergal plays with that Palma Violet overhanging the ferrule!
                  Funny, but I get asked to do a few of these are they can take a 9mm tip and ferrule to a 9mm ferrule with a 10mm tip.

Quite a few people seem to like it.

I tried a cue with this on for a while and quite like it although it looks just wrong at the end!
                  Last edited by Shockerz; 21 September 2017, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by bluenose1940 View Post
                    That's a great link Shockerz, thank you so much. The tip that I use is very similar to the one used by Marco Fu, shapewise at least, don't know about the make though. Thanks again.
                    They are an interesting set of tips when you look at them because they are so diverse.

You'd think that at that level there would be a recognised 'Best Tip' arrangement but as the page shows, this is not the case.

If you look at the pro's tips from the year previous to this they are just as different.

https://www.snookercrazy.com/snooker-tip-shapes/

Each to their own as they say!

Comment

Does anyone else get their tip squashing down over the ferrule a touch on the stun/screw side after bedding in? I don't know whether to trim it back or just leave it as it is.

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                        Does anyone else get their tip squashing down over the ferrule a touch on the stun/screw side after bedding in? I don't know whether to trim it back or just leave it as it is.
                        Never really noticed that before. Is it a lot? pic?

Comment

Not a lot at all really, I have a fairly crappy pic but I don't know how to share it without photobucket, I'll see if I can get a better one in some natural light tomorrow.

Comment

Happens occasionally, usually when you haven't bedded the tip in properly before playing deep screws.just trim it and reshape the tip.

Comment

Great, thanks Dave

Comment

Yep I do.

Ive always liked to see the tip overhanging although, Mark King takes it to another level:biggrin-new:

All I do when I put a new tip on is turn the cue upside down on the table, then start trimming with a blade.
                                The natural angle of the first few cuts is to pull away from the ferrule.
                                Then just lightly sand to the shape I want, which going on them pictures would be similar to Hawklis tip.
                                Job done

Comment

Working...
                                X