Looking for a clear oil finish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
    Just found an oil that seems to be clearer than most, the one on the left known as Bright for light coloured wood.

http://tifotas.appspot.com/Accessori...l/161290789975
    Looks very much like the Tru-oil which is also in the advert below this oil.

I bought Tru-oil but not tried it properly yet - could be very good - I think others have used it on this forum as that's where I first heard of it.

Comment

Originally Posted by anish147 View Post
      Very interested to see how this works for you - please feedback.

I use a furniture wax too by Fiddes and think it works really well without colouring and absolutely no stickiness...but I haven't used any oils so cannot compare yet.
      goodmorning anish,

I've tried the Renaissance wax over the weekend, and must say I'm quite impressed.
      Very easy to use, put it on with a soft cloth, leave for 5/10 minutes and buff. (gave it 3 layers over the weekend)
      It gives a bit of "shine" but it did not darken the wood, and left my cue silky smooth.

Looks like it gives a nice protective layer, but I don't think it penetrates the wood much.
      and think the main use is to protect an already existing finish.

I've bought the bigger tin 200ml, and think it will last me a lifetime

Comment

Sounds great - much like the Fiddes wax. I do get the feeling that the linseed oil may penetrate the cue better but I'm not really sure.

Thanks for feedback. I think my tin will last a while though I've bought 20 odd cues and refinished them all recently so I'm half way through the tin!

Comment

Working...
        X