Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Chrystal View Post
    hi, guys

I have attache pic, hopefully it is clear.
    Actually, looking at that, it doesn't appear to be bad at all.

All of those little knotty bits of figure in the wood is where the tree is trying to grow branches, but gets stunted and forms the burr figuring we typically see in thuya. This is how most burrs are formed, some more knotty than others. These knotts or holes can be completely sealed up so nothing is visible, but in all truth, that cue is pretty good and more than acceptable.

Where is the part which looks uneven and ragged?

Overall, the images posted of this cue make it appear ok.

I wouldn't worry over it.

Comment

Originally Posted by Chrystal View Post
      to be honest, i am not intended to send cue back as i am afraid it would get worse.

and i am planning to get a new cue.
      HI Crystal, If u are planning to sold, i would like to buy it from you. if you are willing to sell please contact me: cuecue147_at_gmail

Comment

well, looking at the pictures, at least you know that the burr is really a real piece of natural burr wood..

Comment

thanks trevor,
          as for the uneven splice point, i have sanded it off by using very fine abrasive, thanks for your suggestions . i do not really feel the uneven splice point, but i can still see it, that is fine for me now, hopefully it will not have any problems with the splice point in the future.

Sorry guys, no intention to sell the cue. to be honest, the shaft is beauitful (apart from the ......) and i really play well with it.
          maybe I am too focused on the looking instead of playablity, after all cue is used to play.

Comment

Sorry to bring an old thread up but how would you go about sealing the little holes in the burr ( the little knotty bits ) I have a cue that has them, although it doesn’t bother me when playing, but to look at is a bit off putting, any help appreciated

Comment

Originally Posted by dave121260 View Post
              Sorry to bring an old thread up but how would you go about sealing the little holes in the burr ( the little knotty bits ) I have a cue that has them, although it doesn’t bother me when playing, but to look at is a bit off putting, any help appreciated
              You could use a hard black wax, would be easy to put on and oil over the top.
              For that one you've always wanted...
              https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

Working...
              X