No announcement yet.

2018 World Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When reading all those complaints about commentators on English television I always wish we had just a single one who has as much insight into the game over here in Germany. Rolf Kalb has done very much for snooker in Germany. Maybe I was not playing or interested in the game if I had not watched snooker on Eurosport. But despite having been commentating for more than 25 years he still calls many flukes intended shots and vice versa for example. It's just so annoying! I am happy to listen to English commentators on Eurosport player.

Comment

• Noticed maguire has another new cue, the one he's been using for the last (almost) year had a facesplice, this ones just totally black. Think i remember maximus or ton praram stating they were sending him one, trump apparently got sent one by maximus as well.

Comment

• Dave Hendon and Neil Foulds on Eurosport are great. Joe Johnson is appalling and was even worse than usual on the China open recently.

Hendry on BBC rules. Dennis should retire - all he prattles on about are the players wives and that bloke from kasabian.

Comment

• The worst commentator is Phil Yates.

Comment

• Great photo. I wonder why Ali wasn't there.

2111555JJ3gC4Yj.jpg

Comment

• He was taking the photo
              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                He was taking the photo
                I never thought of that.

Comment

• I wonder when that photo was taken. Some players don't start until next week, so you'd figure they might still be at home and not hanging around Sheffield.

Comment

• Odds to win at one of the popular betting sites. I think Selby as great value at 7/2. Those odds suggest he has a 2 in 9 (22%) chance of winning. I think it's much higher than that. Wilson and Allen at 28 to 1 also seem like value bets to me, while O'Sullivan is at 9/4 only because many casual fans bet on him and the line adjusts to that. I think the true odds are more like Selby 3/2 and O'Sullivan 4 or 5 to 1.

O'Sullivan - 9/4
                    Selby - 7/2
                    Trump - 7/1
                    Higgins 11/1
                    Ding - 12/1
                    Robertson - 14/1
                    Williams - 20/1
                    Hawkins - 22/1
                    Murphy - 25/1
                    Allen - 28/1
                    Wilson - 28/1
                    Day - 33/1
                    Bingham - 33/1
                    Maguire - 80/1
                    Lisowski - 80/1

Everybody else is 100/1 or more.

Comment

• Cheap start to the tournament for me - a couple of matches I'd pay to see are scheduled for morning sessions, Ronnie is tomorrow afternoon and will be permanently sold out, and there are a quite a few dull sounding matches(Selby vs Perry, Carter vs Dott) I'll keep my powder dry for the second round I think.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
                        I wonder when that photo was taken. Some players don't start until next week, so you'd figure they might still be at home and not hanging around Sheffield.
                        There is some sort of "Do" or Press thing before: last year Trump said something about "taking snooker to a new level"....

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
                          Odds to win at one of the popular betting sites. I think Selby as great value at 7/2. Those odds suggest he has a 2 in 9 (22%) chance of winning. I think it's much higher than that. Wilson and Allen at 28 to 1 also seem like value bets to me,
                          Can they be Value Bets when they are in the same Quarter as Selby?

Comment

• I remember Judd being confident for the title and loved seeing it because you don't see it in snooker and then that loss he will never be let forget happened

Comment

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
                              Can they be Value Bets when they are in the same Quarter as Selby?
                              That's a good point. I didn't really consider their place in the draw. Still, 28 to 1 means it only has to happen less than 4% of the time to show a long term profit. If you are betting on them to win it really doesn't matter if they have to beat Selby in the 2nd round or in the final. In fact, it can be argues that it would be easier to beat him in a best of 19 than in a longer match.

Comment

• Well if you bet on Selby, Allen and Wilson then you should have a QF, unless Murphy recovers from near death\paralysis :wink:

In theory Hawkins is a QF Banker, and could face Day rather than Ding - admittedly he would need someone to beat ROS to get to the Final.

With Ding and Higgins having looked rather dodgy\susceptible lately; Selby only kind of back in form (I don't think he looked that good in China, bar one match and Woollaston should have won, ie been 5-1 up not 3-3) and with a tough Quarter; and ROS looking knackered in China it could be the year of the next tier?

Comment

Working...
                                X