Timing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by bolty View Post
    Having a follow through means the cue was accelerating when it made contact, unless you somehow stopped the cue immediately just after contact.. but where the sense or benefit in that? The idea of striking through the ball is a completely standard and observed practice in cue sports.

I'm only saying this for other peoples benefit, as I know a numb-skull like you probably won't be able to understand.

Just for other peoples information, Mr BS is a so called "pool player" and has admitted to have never even played snooker. Why he comes here and argues the toss with just about anyone/anything is a bit of a mystery. But obviously he's more qualified than the likes of Steve Davis, Jimmy White, Ronny O, Ray Reardon etc etc.
    You clearly haven't been listening to Steve Davis, then. He knows. Most other pros are as clueless as you, with hendry in particular being totally ignorant of what happens when balls collide. It's painful listening to him.

And 'for other people's information' perhaps you can find where i have 'admitted to have never even played snooker'?

Hurry up, Einstein.

Comment

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
      You clearly haven't been listening to Steve Davis, then. He knows. Most other pros are as clueless as you, with hendry in particular being totally ignorant of what happens when balls collide. It's painful listening to him.
      Yep, Hendry is clueless. Even 36 ranking wins won't change that. Anyway, I duly appreciate you insinuating I'm on the same level of understanding as most pros.

As for the Steve Davis, this clip took me a couple of minutes to dig up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qntiSZzQ2zw

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
        First of all I resent the comments made by Mr BS. Follow-through is VERY important because a player needs to finish the delivery without having the body jerk. It's a natural result of delivering the cue and accelerating THROUGH AND BEYOND the cueball. This coach believes in follow-through because as has been said you can't possible stop the cue once the cueball is hit because it's a matter of physics. I suppose you could stop the cue but it would sure cause a jerk in the body and result in deceleration in all cases.
        tel for me the physics is a Little different. i see the timing at the end of the shot just as the back of the hand closes so, theres no real need to go through the white more than a couple of inches. and no need to think about jerking. after all the purposeful back swing and gradual acceleration is the prep for a controlled, straight, and well timed hit, at the end of the stroke.

Comment

Originally Posted by bolty View Post
          Yep, Hendry is clueless. Even 36 ranking wins won't change that. Anyway, I duly appreciate you insinuating I'm on the same level of understanding as most pros.

As for the Steve Davis, this clip took me a couple of minutes to dig up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qntiSZzQ2zw
          Towie, huh?

Leave the science stuff for the rest of us - good lad. You stick to the thick stuff.

Still, you're good at googling. Have you spent a couple of minutes finding where I've 'admitted to have never even played snooker'?

You know, 'for other people's information' and that. I would hate to think you're trolling or deliberately misleading people.

Comment

Follow through is irrelevant, and it is not acceleration that is important, rather, not decelerating.
            I agree that the follow through is not the real point, however it is needed as:

Not decelerating needs a follow through?

Accelerating or not decelerating depends on the action wanted from the cue ball?

Comment

The technique might not be as recognised but you can generate spin with a short follow through - a few inches - Mark Allen here for example is more jabby.
              Last edited by Byrom; 16 May 2017, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Towie, huh?

Leave the science stuff for the rest of us - good lad. You stick to the thick stuff.

Still, you're good at googling. Have you spent a couple of minutes finding where I've 'admitted to have never even played snooker'?

You know, 'for other people's information' and that. I would hate to think you're trolling or deliberately misleading people.

What about the 9 ball pros you watch ? Do they not have long follow through ?

Without going on YouTube to check . I think from memory Shane , Earl , Shaw etc all have long follow through .

Must be a reason for them to use it too

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                  The technique might not be as recognised but you can generate spin with a short follow through - a few inches - Mark Allen here for example is more jabby.
                  He has a shortish backswing sometimes and a fast swing,not a short follow through, it looks around four inches or a bit more, how much do you need? Looks like he gets through the ball very well, just cues quickly.
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Big Shot is right, from a Physical point of view, but wrong on a biological one. If you were a robot you wouldn't need to follow through the ball, or even build speed up in your delivery, but you're not a robot.

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                      tel for me the physics is a Little different. i see the timing at the end of the shot just as the back of the hand closes so, theres no real need to go through the white more than a couple of inches. and no need to think about jerking. after all the purposeful back swing and gradual acceleration is the prep for a controlled, straight, and well timed hit, at the end of the stroke.
                      Hi J, do you have a link of you playing where you only follow through two inches past contact on the cueball, except on soft shots of course, I have always thought you had a standard follow through of between four and six inches on most shots.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                        Hi J, do you have a link of you playing where you only follow through two inches past contact on the cueball, except on soft shots of course, I have always thought you had a standard follow through of between four and six inches on most shots.
                        that would be two inches after the white so, after contact with the cb being roughly 2" thats four in total. then on power you could be looking at 6.
                        i think m doing this more often than not if im not dropping the elbow, but i may have a vid somewhere.

anyway this guy creates a lot of pace with little follow through

Comment

Towie, huh?

I'm glad you watched and enjoyed it. I was hoping to waste some of your time like you constantly do to others.

Comment

that would be two inches after the white so, after contact with the cb being roughly 2" thats four in total. then on power you could be looking at 6.
                            i think m doing this more often than not if im not dropping the elbow, but i may have a vid somewhere.

anyway this guy creates a lot of pace with little follow through
                            No I totally agree with that, that's exactly what I see you do, for me that's just about perfect for over ninety percent of shots, maybe more.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                              No I totally agree with that, that's exactly what I see you do, for me that's just about perfect for over ninety percent of shots, maybe more.

yeah i may look like im getting it exactly like that but unfortunately if i played trump a bo9 i recon id be sitting down 90% of the time

Comment

yeah i may look like im getting it exactly like that but unfortunately if i played trump a bo9 i recon id be sitting down 90% of the time
                                Trump could do that to pretty much every snooker player in the world on his day.

Comment

Working...
                                X