X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've ordered the Pewter, which is almost Silver as in Silver Cup

I'll report back early next week

Comment

Over the years a couple of friends have tried different colours; one was black and the other red - absolutely horrendous, poor application on the tip, poor longevity on the tip, lots of dust on the cue, marked the cue ball big time, left obvious and hard to remove marks on the cloth.
      Not that they were asked to leave the club but there was a lot of frowning and tutting, but after both were asked to constantly clean the balls and cloths, they both stopped
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        Over the years a couple of friends have tried different colours; one was black and the other red - absolutely horrendous, poor application on the tip, poor longevity on the tip, lots of dust on the cue, marked the cue ball big time, left obvious and hard to remove marks on the cloth.
        Not that they were asked to leave the club but there was a lot of frowning and tutting, but after both were asked to constantly clean the balls and cloths, they both stopped

I'm going with the theory that the darker colours are the problem ones.... (And at 30p a cube, it's hardly an issue.) They do a mixed Box, but I bottled out of that, similarly the Olive or Spruce.

On a slightly serious point: Some colours will be more visible on the cloth\ball\cue etc than others: and just because it is not visible, doesn't mean that it isn't there....

Comment

Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post

I'm going with the theory that the darker colours are the problem ones.... (And at 30p a cube, it's hardly an issue.) They do a mixed Box, but I bottled out of that, similarly the Olive or Spruce.

On a slightly serious point: Some colours will be more visible on the cloth\ball\cue etc than others: and just because it is not visible, doesn't mean that it isn't there....
          of course a black will stand out on a green cloth than a green chalk, but this was a huge increase of black/red chalk everywhere, much more so than usual Triangle/Master green/spruce (event their blue chalk).
          And it transferred to your hands from the cloth, yucky stuff
          And the cue ball was covered.
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Well so far it seems we have

Masters Green
            Masters Grey
            Silver Cup
            Triangle Spruce

This seems a crazy price for a lot of chalk 144 cubes = £27.50
            http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/A-BOX-OF-1...19.m1438.l2649

Triangle Spruce seems U.S. only supplier? Makes it a costly option.

Decisons decisions

Comment

Imo best chalk there is https://www.seyberts.com/taom-cue-chalk-green, eliminates kicks almost complete and keeps your table clean.
              Sadly super expensive.

Comment

Originally Posted by Vitikka View Post
                Imo best chalk there is https://www.seyberts.com/taom-cue-chalk-green, eliminates kicks almost complete and keeps your table clean.
                Sadly super expensive.
                So I can get a box of 144 blocks of Green Master chalk for £27 or 1 block of this brand that I've never heard of for $19.
                I know where my money would be going

Comment

I like the Triangle spruce, but am down to my last block.

Anyone got a source that isn't USA ?

Comment

Well I tried the Pewter Silver Cup.

Looks great on the cloth as it gives a grey\green thing, not too dissimilar to the Master Green.

That is as good as it gets

my aged eyes struggled to see if there was any\much on the tip (admittedly I don't wear my bi-focals for snooker so I can;t see the tip properly without looking over\under the spex);
                    they seem to have "channelled" Barnes Wallace in designing this stuff as the white was bouncing all over the place - I do mean jumping when hit low enough to get more than a holding few inches of screw.

So, OK, another good point: if you want Chalk for a Jump Cue, it ROCKS.

Comment

Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
                      So I can get a box of 144 blocks of Green Master chalk for £27 or 1 block of this brand that I've never heard of for $19.
                      Shirley the one block of precious for $19

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                        I like the Triangle spruce, but am down to my last block.

Anyone got a source that isn't USA ?
                        Might have better luck with responses starting a separate thread. So far only U.S. suppliers which makes it costly.

Comment

Looks great on the cloth as it gives a grey\green thing, not too dissimilar to the Master Green.

my aged eyes struggled to see if there was any\much on the tip (admittedly I don't wear my bi-focals for snooker so I can;t see the tip properly without looking over\under the spex);
                          they seem to have "channelled" Barnes Wallace in designing this stuff as the white was bouncing all over the place - I do mean jumping when hit low enough to get more than a holding few inches of screw.

Who says white balls can't jump

Comment

I'm edging towards the master green. Blue triangle i'm using doesn't seem to give much coverage although could be my tip as well. Will see how crumbliy it is and decide to stick or move on to masters grey.

Comment

Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
                              Yes it is super expensive but pro's who tried it seems to like it very much.
                              https://twitter.com/MattSelt/status/892013298593517568
                              https://twitter.com/robhull_/status/882209887031316480

Comment

My experience of silver cup chalk is it doesn't stick to anything. Not quite are bad as pioneer, however, which is absolutely shocking.

Comment

Working...
                                X