X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's impressive because Andy Hunter has only seen two

Comment

• I had bought the dated Peall off Steve Spencer for £150. I was going to meet him to pay and collect it, but after a couple of weeks he said that the guy he bought it off wanted it back. So I never got it.

Comment

• Old cues or antique cues around 3/4 yrs back were fetching superb prices. There seem to be a massive slump on the prices at the moment.

I see cues now I think when I was collecting they'd be bids up to double the price of what they're receiving. JRC on here the other day had a cue that I believe would've fetched a lot more back then.

I suppose theres always running the risk of buying old cues it's selling them the problem where you have to pick the market at the right time or be prepared to lose a few pounds.

Comment

• £150 was cheap for a dated Peall. Lol

Comment

• Originally Posted by sam147 View Post
            £150 was cheap for a dated Peall. Lol

Very cheap. Did my Peall arrive at you yet ?

Comment

• Yes thanks.

Comment

• Hi guys, i'm new to this forum and looking for i formation for my 85 year old grandad. He has a E J Riley Joe Davies champion cue World record 135. its in mint condition and in the original case. He was looking for a valuation or some advice on where to go to get one? I would post a picture but I dont know how.

Any help would be appreciated

Thankyou

Comment

• Originally Posted by damz07 View Post
                  Hi guys, i'm new to this forum and looking for i formation for my 85 year old grandad. He has a E J Riley Joe Davies champion cue World record 135. its in mint condition and in the original case. He was looking for a valuation or some advice on where to go to get one? I would post a picture but I dont know how.

Any help would be appreciated

Thankyou
                  welcome to TSF

use Tinypic or ImageBB to upload your images and then from there copy the IMG code into your post
                  (TinyPic - you dont need to register - just ignore the adverts that pop up )

The 135 break was made mid 1930s and Joe Davis broke the record (with 136 on 11 May 1946) so the cues with this break are rarer than most others.
                  The Riley 135 came either with the 2501 billiard break or on its own. Both were tombstone badges, black text on white background and white text on black.
                  There are some on here that can offer a valuation as well as two experts (there are others I am sure ) who sometimes will value a cue as well:
                  Chris Lloyd http://vintagebilliards.co.uk/
                  David Smith http://www.cuesnviews.co.uk/

Of course rare does not necessarily mean valuable
                  The Davis break cues tend not to be very valuable but you never know, a cue is only as valuable as a buyer is willing to pay
                  post your pictures please, plus the specification (ferrule/tip size, weight, length, etc )
                  good luck
                  Last edited by DeanH; 4 August 2017, 07:06 PM.
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• I would be interested in buying it? My mobile is 07762586856 thanks

Comment

• Hi All. New to the site but not snooker. I currently have a vintage cue that I have used for years but recently put it away and purchased a Ton Praram cue. Here is my old Riley cue.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Lloydjenks84 View Post
                        Hi All. New to the site but not snooker. I currently have a vintage cue that I have used for years but recently put it away and purchased a Ton Praram cue. Here is my old Riley cue.

Welcome to tsf !! :snooker:

Nice looking cue .

Which praram you got ? Limited ?
                        TP cues are good players !!

Comment

• Cue

It's a series 1 cue. Butt is a little different but it is a lovely player. It's my first ash cue that I have owned that I play with. Pic attached

Comment

• The Old Cue Thread

how different?
                            it is just very nice
                            a mate has a TP cue and it looks lovely and plays very well

Comment

• If you look by the badge part of the splice is a different colour. It does play really nice. I've always played with a maple cue but I don't find much difference apart from I need to keep it really clean.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Lloydjenks84 View Post
                                If you look by the badge part of the splice is a different colour. It does play really nice. I've always played with a maple cue but I don't find much difference apart from I need to keep it really clean.
                                yep saw that immediately - not different to me but a lovely part of a natural material and its features

I will try to find that picture from Rogibear (not Platt) of that massively figures mini-butt he did? now that is different

- ah poop his thread has lost all the wonderful photos due to the Photobucket restriction
                                http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...sy-my-attempts
                                Last edited by DeanH; 21 November 2017, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X