Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Madbox View Post
    I am having good results with the Elk pro at the moment with triangle chalk
    Yep agree there , no more trying tips for me anymore .
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by Cannonball View Post
      Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
      Might seem to soften at first but they do harden with more use
      I haven't heard that or experienced it but I will take your word as I know you know your cues and tips. Where did you get yours from Dave? Chetsworth was for me.
      Majority of the tips I get are from ADR147

Comment

He is a sterling chap, highly recommended!
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
          He is a sterling chap, highly recommended!
          Very modest too ;-)

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
            Yep agree there , no more trying tips for me anymore .
            So you say you're gonna pass on my new virgin snake-skin lammys that have 24 layers?

Comment

My opinion is that, except for pioneer chalk and screw on tips, the best chalk and tips are the ones on the end of a cue.

Comment

Do you mean stay on the end of a cue......lol

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                  My opinion is that, except for pioneer chalk and screw on tips, the best chalk and tips are the ones on the end of a cue.
                  Lol. Very true. I've also come to the conclusion you get used to whatever you're using and you should just forget about it.

Comment

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
                    Lol. Very true. I've also come to the conclusion you get used to whatever you're using and you should just forget about it.
                    For once we are in agreement. I realised my cue has a very slight bend in it about an hour before playing, I played terribly all night, couldn't pot a ball. Checked the MW website for advice on bent cues, the advice was to stop worrying about it and hit the ball properly, it worked.

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                      For once we are in agreement. I realised my cue has a very slight bend in it about an hour before playing, I played terribly all night, couldn't pot a ball. Checked the MW website for advice on bent cues, the advice was to stop worrying about it and hit the ball properly, it worked.
                      I have a slight bend in my cue, grain that stands out where the softwood was sanded too much, a chunk out of the end by the badge where I dropped it, a hard piece of the boat pattern that stick out next to the chevron.

Picked a lovely, perfect feeling cue up the other day, not good for me though as it didn't have all my cue trademarks on it!
                      Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                        I have a slight bend in my cue, grain that stands out where the softwood was sanded too much, a chunk out of the end by the badge where I dropped it, a hard piece of the boat pattern that stick out next to the chevron.

Picked a lovely, perfect feeling cue up the other day, not good for me though as it didn't have all my cue trademarks on it!
                        You should be able to water and weight the bend out. Not sure about the chunk :biggrin-new:

Comment

Originally Posted by Cannonball View Post
                          You should be able to water and weight the bend out. Not sure about the chunk :biggrin-new:
                          The bend is fine, if it's good enough for Hendry and Reardon I'll live with it. As for the chunk I have a nice filler that resembles ebony when I get round to it but I can't feel it in my grip so as it's been 3 years, I guess there isn't a rush!

It still makes me laugh that Reardon used to roll his cue on the table at exhibitions and say that the tables out!
                          Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                          Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                          Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                            The bend is fine, if it's good enough for Hendry and Reardon I'll live with it. As for the chunk I have a nice filler that resembles ebony when I get round to it but I can't feel it in my grip so as it's been 3 years, I guess there isn't a rush!

It still makes me laugh that Reardon used to roll his cue on the table at exhibitions and say that the tables out!
                            Ray, utter gent and funny fella. Didn't like losing much though, even at exhibitions and seaside resorts. Proper player.

Comment

i use a kamui tip similar to the adr147 read somewhere that masters chalk is better than triangle chalk for the laminated tips and did find this to be the case its good chalk made by tweeten the people that make triangle so you can rest assured that the quality is good i'm tempted to try the kamui chalk but the price puts me off at £20 a cube

Comment

The kamaui chalk is total rubbish, stick the £20 in a help for heroes jar instead!
                                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                                X