New Coaching Book 147 Routines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Coaching Book 147 Routines

My local snooker coach Andy Highfield has been working on a book of 147 routines with his fellow coach David Horrix. I'll be getting my hands on a copy when I get chance to see Andy. Just thought I'd post a link if anybody is interested as there are not many snooker books out there. From chatting to Andy it's routine based rather than technique and basics. Apologies if I've posted in wrong section or broken any rules.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222157266458

Looks interesting enough but seems a bit pricey, especially when you add the shipping cost. Would like to see a few inside pages to see what kind of quality you are getting.

Comment

Originally Posted by ghost121 View Post
      Looks interesting enough but seems a bit pricey, especially when you add the shipping cost. Would like to see a few inside pages to see what kind of quality you are getting.
      First batch has only just been sent from the printers. Once I've got my hands on a copy I'll post a few pics up and give small review. Don't think the price is too bad, it's middle of the road, not cheap and not super expensive.

Comment

Too expensive considering there is no insight as to what is actually in the book, may well be a great product with new insight into solo practice or it could be a rehash of the 50 previous practice routine books already available.

Would need a detailed explanation for people to part with that sort of money and definitely needs a digital version.

Comment

Originally Posted by ferret View Post
          Too expensive considering there is no insight as to what is actually in the book, may well be a great product with new insight into solo practice or it could be a rehash of the 50 previous practice routine books already available.

Would need a detailed explanation for people to part with that sort of money and definitely needs a digital version.
          I've struggled to find a decent book since I started playing again 4 years ago. When I was a kid there were loads, the two that helped me the most were Frank Callans book and enjoyed Cliff Thorburns book. Think the only accredited coaching manual I've seen similar to this is Nic Barrows. I'll try pick my copy up as soon as I can and I'll be able to see it first hand.
          Last edited by markz; 20 June 2016, 04:46 PM.

Comment

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01...PzL&ref=plSrch

Is this the same one?

Comment

Originally Posted by Blanchon147 View Post
              It is the same author David Horrix but it's the first time Andrew Highfield has given his input in to a book. Andy is one of the guys you see at the world championships behind Hazel in cue zone every year.

Comment

anybody read this yet?

Comment

I'll pick up a copy when I see Andy Highfield. I only use the club he coaches from couple times a month so don't see him very often.

Comment

Mostly everyone copies the Joe Davis how I play snooker or the frank callan books in terms of - here are the basics ... Not really seen anything different.

To buy a snooker coaching book it needs to be a bit more innovative these days - not paperback but say a Digital book with items linked to demonstration video perhaps?
                    Last edited by Byrom; 27 June 2016, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                      Mostly everyone copies the Joe Davis how I play snooker or the frank callan books in terms of - here are the basics ... Not really seen anything different.

To buy a snooker coaching book it needs to be a bit more innovative these days - not paperback but say a Digital book with items linked to demonstration video perhaps?
                      As far as I know Byrom it's not about basics it's a book of 147 routines that are to help players or coaches improve there practice time. I have apps on my phone and never bother with them, gonna go old school and buy a book like I had to as a kid. Price was mentioned in an earlier post, I'll be happy to pay 20 odd quid if it helps me stick 20 on my average break lol.

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                        Mostly everyone copies the Joe Davis how I play snooker or the frank callan books in terms of - here are the basics ... Not really seen anything
                        Stephen Heandry has an app on the app store vith video demonstrations of routines and descriptions how to to do and controll the shot its really good but unforunatly i broke my iphone got a samsung and its not on the market on it
                        Last edited by Tommykiid; 28 June 2016, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Yeah I have that Ap and the Jimmy one and the Nik barrow one and the ding one - Apple rule

And yeah markz it's good to read stuff and you can always pick up new knowledge so won't knock it until I heard a review or something but snooker is a more kinaesthetic sport for me and so I disagree reading a book is as beneficial as taking your phone to the club and replicating a demonstration video or routine and this type of coaching ap is more accessible and the future for me. Sorry
                          Last edited by Byrom; 28 June 2016, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X