Deliberate fouls and serious fouls...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what do you mean there is no push shot in english 8 ball?

Comment

From the rules.
      Push Shots and Double Hits
      (1) Definitions: Most shots commonly known as "Push
      Shots" in the game of "Snooker" are allowed in
      the game of Eight - Ball Pool. Generally, any shot
      played with speed will not be deemed to be a
      Push Shot regardless of the fact that the cue tip m
      ay have come into contact with the Cue Ball more
      than once.
      (2) Exceptions that are Standard Fouls:-
      (a) When, during the playing of a shot, the tip of t
      he cue strikes the Cue Ball twice and the
      referee is able to actually see each contact.
      (b) When, during the playing of a shot, a player pla
      ys the cue so slowly through the Cue Ball that
      the cue tip remains in contact with the Cue Ball so
      as to be visibly pushing it along.
      (c) When the Cue Ball is played into a touching Obje
      ct Ball. {See
      (R)
      Touching Balls
      }

Comment

thanks. what set of rules are they for though? and why are push shots allowed?

Comment

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
          thanks. what set of rules are they for though? and why are push shots allowed?
          That quote is from World Rules.
          Duplicate of banned account deleted

Comment

In World Rules you can also play into a touching ball if you're touching two or more balls!

S. Touching Balls
            1. General
            a. If the Cue Ball is touching an Object Ball, the player is obliged to "Play Away" from that
            Object Ball at an angle of more than 90 degrees. (That is, play the shot without causing
            the Cue Ball to make any initial further contact with that Object Ball)
            b. If, when playing away from a touching ball, the touching ball rocks or moves without
            being contacted further, but simply because the Cue Ball is no longer there, no penalty
            will apply.
            2. When Colours have been decided:-
            a. Playing away from a touching Object Ball of the player's own Colour:- The instant a
            player plays away from a touching Object Ball of the player's own Colour, the player is
            deemed to have played that ball. Therefore, the player needs to then only pot a ball or
            cause any ball to strike a cushion to fulfil all the requirements of a Legal Shot.
            b. Playing away from a touching Object Ball of the opponent's Colour:- The player must
            play away from the touching ball and then meet all the requirements of a Legal Shot.
            c.
            i. Playing away from the touching Eight Ball when "On" the Eight Ball:- The player
            must play away from the touching Eight Ball and then need only cause any ball
            to strike a cushion to fulfil the requirements of a Legal Shot.
            ii. Playing away from the touching Eight Ball when not "On" the Eight Ball.:- The
            player must play away from the touching Eight Ball and then meet all the
            requirements of a Legal Shot.
            d. Playing away from two or more touching Object Balls:-
            i. If any of the touching Object Balls are of the player's Colour, the player will be
            deemed to have played away if the player plays away from any one of the
            touching balls of the player's Colour. That is, the player may play into any of the
            other touching balls.
            The player needs then to only pot a ball or cause any ball to
            strike a cushion to fulfil the requirements of a Legal Shot.
            ii. If none of the touching Object Balls are of the player’s coloured group, the
            player must play away from all the touching balls and then meet all the
            3. When Colours have yet to be decided:-
            a. Playing away from a touching Coloured Ball:- The instant a player plays away from a
            touching Coloured Ball the player is deemed to have played that ball. Therefore, the
            player needs to then only pot a ball or cause any ball to strike a cushion to fulfil all the
            b. Playing away from a touching Eight Ball:- The player must play away from the touching
            Eight Ball and then meet all the requirements of a Legal Shot.
            c. Playing away from two or more touching Object Balls:- If the player plays away from any
            of the touching Coloured Balls the player is deemed to have played that ball. That is, the
            player may play into any of the other touching Object Balls
            . The player needs to then
            only pot a ball or cause any ball to strike a cushion to meet all the requirements of a
            Legal Shot.
            Duplicate of banned account deleted

Comment

heres my opinion on deliberate foul:

Iwe play the World 8 Ball Pool rules in my Club.
              A number of competitors who had played different pool rules played the world pool rules for the first time.
              The big debate came about when a deliberate foul was played

There seems to be a consensus that whoever plays a deliberate foul should be punished with more than just 2 shots.
              I don’t mind the current rules & enjoy the tactics side of the game, but I can see where some people might feel aggrieved
              Surely there should be more punishment for the guy who plays the deliberate foul, you would be hard pressed to find a sport where the player who commits the deliberate foul and gets away with it.
              In basketball deliberate foul punishable by 2 free throws at basket, rugby player gets 10 mins sin-bin , Formula1 10sec pit stop etc..
              I have emailed the WEPF regarding this, but I doubt the rule will be changed

Comment

Playing a really good deliberate foul can win you the frame thus meaning you have out "tacticted"your opponent. If your opponent isn't good enough to play deliberate fouls to the same effect that's not your problem, hence, you win the frame and most likely the match! If these people want to play world rules they need to understand that DF's are part of the game and need to learn to play them themselves.
                Technically DF's are leagal so why punish them anymore?
                Did you put my "1" up ?

Comment

People new to WR always go through this thought process. After a bit though you just accept the rules and use them to your advantage.
                  If you think of it not as a 'deliberate foul' but a 'tactical foul' it doesn't seem so bad.
                  Our League plays WR but I run a singles league where we all play BB rules, all the players prefer playing BB where there is no DF.
                  In BB you have the 'skill shot' which sometimes is an unplanned 'flukeshot', that's not really fair either.

Comment

Originally Posted by Slimbob View Post
                    People new to WR always go through this thought process. After a bit though you just accept the rules and use them to your advantage.
                    If you think of it not as a 'deliberate foul' but a 'tactical foul' it doesn't seem so bad.
                    Our League plays WR but I run a singles league where we all play BB rules, all the players prefer playing BB where there is no DF.
                    In BB you have the 'skill shot' which sometimes is an unplanned 'flukeshot', that's not really fair either.
                    BB is much fairer. The concept of a deliberate foul is anathema to all snooker players, it's legalised cheating. It's within the rules so there we go but the sooner BB overtakes and replaces WR the better. EPA have leverage over pool but it won't always be this way. One day hopefully.........The games may have been a bit long winded but at least old rules had some moral efficacy. Some non-affiliated leagues still prefer them.
                    Last edited by Master Blaster; 30 July 2015, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Like I say, I play both but prefer BB because you don't tend to have too many long drawn out frames.
                      It's more of a potters game.
                      Old rules EPA? No, never again. Fudgers paradise!
                      If I'm in a bar and someone wants to play old rules I don't bother, would rather not play.

Comment

Originally Posted by Slimbob View Post
                        Like I say, I play both but prefer BB because you don't tend to have too many long drawn out frames.
                        It's more of a potters game.
                        Old rules EPA? No, never again. Fudgers paradise!
                        If I'm in a bar and someone wants to play old rules I don't bother, would rather not play.
                        I dislike the DF so much that I won't play EPA now, it just gives poor players a way to win a frame, folk who couldn't pot a bloody long blue on a snooker table. I'd rather play 9-ball; the fun element is much larger than EPA which I just regard as a kiddie's table anyway. 9-ball rules are much fairer as well.

Comment

Working...
                        X