No announcement yet.

Need some help with cues..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the Lewis & Wilson is a chinese copy , look at the badge lol it was deffo not built in the Telford factory ,:snooker:
    nonchalant sideways action amongst some very ignorant pokes :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by transit172 View Post
      the Lewis & Wilson is a chinese copy , look at the badge lol it was deffo not built in the Telford factory ,:snooker:
      how can you tell transit?
      I found the same badge for the Lewis & Wilson and the bce one on the cues on this collection website:
      http://www.snookerheritage.co.uk/the...ue-collection/

Comment

there are differences, from yours and others (including the heritage one) I have seen; transit can you expand on your statement pls
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I'd be interested in the Barracuda and Excalibur. I'm just after something for 8ball. I'll take both if you like.
          Last edited by Cuehead; 19 May 2015, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            Lewis & Wilson are regarded as very nice cues (Dave Buswell and Chris Smith at Mastercraft used to work there) but I doubt £700-worth. I am glad to be proved wrong though
            The cue above looks to be 1980s.
            Circa 1985-86. Glad you think likewise on L&W being nice cues, DeanH

I would fork out 700 pounds anytime for the cue in picture if I play snooker.

Comment

Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post

I would fork out 700 pounds anytime for the cue in picture if I play snooker.
              Then you would be a prize fool :-P

Comment

Originally Posted by royalrattlehead View Post
                wow thanks for the info Smoothie! - do you know from the pics what wood this is, when it was possibly made etc? I just checked the grain is matching also.
                Hello,

Should be manufactured in the mid 80's and looks like ash but treated in standard L&W darkened shade.

Comment

Btw, @ royalrattlehead...my advice would be to keep the Lewis & Wilson cue if you can't obtain a good price for it, it is really a treasure, believe me.

Comment

how can you tell transit?
                    I found the same badge for the Lewis & Wilson and the bce one on the cues on this collection website:
                    http://www.snookerheritage.co.uk/the...ue-collection/
                    ive seen that too on the google search !!!!. On the Telford made cues the badge lettering was engraved into the badge as opposed to rolled on or stuck on machine pressed on like it is on yours . ive had 5 Lewis & Wilsons from the Telford factory and there not like that in your pics , the badge lettering its not even central with the badge , but i did buy one on Ebay the same as yours and it was confirmed as a chinese made copy , if its genuine then good and im happy for you maybe they started doing that near the end but i very much doubt it , :snooker:
                    Last edited by ADW147CUEMAN; 19 May 2015, 05:13 PM.

Comment

WP_20150519_15_50_44_Pro.jpg tried to upload a pic to show you if its worked ?WP_20150519_15_51_25_Pro.jpg maybe betterWP_20150519_15_51_14_Pro.jpgWP_20150519_15_51_52_Pro.jpg
                      Last edited by ADW147CUEMAN; 19 May 2015, 03:30 PM.

Comment

I thought that might be too good to be true..

some more piccies of the other cues:

The bce cues are just painted and worth next to nothing as they are, except for one which looks like a cue a had myself which is the one with the red and blue veneers and rosewood butt, if it is the cue i think it id then its hand spliced, still not worth that much but quite a nice cue, spliced in a powerglide connoisseur style. The Lewis & Wilson cue looks like one of the newer Chinese made ones, so 30-40 quid is probably about right although you could struggle to sell it for that. The John Parrott signature Powerglide is just a budget cue, you'll get £10-15 for and the rest again you won't get much for.
                        Snooker Craft were only around for a few years, they were employees of Cue Craft who allegedly ran off with Cue Crafts contacts to set up on their own
                        Last edited by Dave Walton; 19 May 2015, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Cuehead View Post
                          I'd be interested in the Barracuda and Excalibur. I'm just after something for 8ball. I'll take both if you like.
                          Hi Cue head, are you interested in the Barracuda cue? Unfortunetly my step dad wishes to keep the Excalibur but I've got alot of others to choose from if you like lol
                          Message me if you are with an offer anyway!

Cheers

Comment

Hi Dave, just about this BCE que you mentioned, how much do you think its worth (v roughly!)
                            thanks

Comment

does anyone no anything about horse manure ?

Comment

Hi Dave, just about this BCE que you mentioned, how much do you think its worth (v roughly!)
                                thanks

Im not completely sure what its worth, maybe £30-40. Not that much but quite a nice nice cue, mine was pool specs
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X