Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new angle :)

Hi all,

Following on from my post maybe a year or so ago now, I have written a different questionnaire relating to mainly pool, but any cuesportsperson (if that's our term or even a word) can fill it in and it'll still make sense.

I'm a 19 year old business student that thoroughly enjoys pool, snooker and everything about cuesports. While I can't name players and their debuts and even many competitions, what I can do is talk about a game of pool as if I've played for years. After Riley's hit financial trouble within the last year or so, I wanted to see why it is that people like cuesports. I feel that I have a career either in the EPA or marketing... Or both .

The aim of this survey is to find out comparisons between different things, and why people like pool in general.

For example is there a similarity between strengths and weaknesses? Do most potters struggle with position? Are those who like deliberate fouls edging a tactical advantage? Do pool players in general want a new set of rules which incorporate individual rules from Old and New World Rules and Blackball?

I love making connections, and if I can find a relation between to statistics then I'll make it and revel in the glory of having made the connection. Welcome to my brain...

I assure you, as this is a project I'm taking seriously, I want to share my passion for this subject. By getting an email address and a name from those who take the survey, I am able to add credibility to the information. I have an advantage on my course next year because I've already done the first year and know what to expect. Validity is key when providing reports. An email address shows that it's not me who's sat there for hours filling in the survey, giving it that validity that it needs.

If there are any questions, please email me, message me on Facebook, or send me a message here on TSF and I will be more than happy to answer.

I love you all :love_heart:

http://goo.gl/forms/OR61OKJ2bf
    Yes
    23.08%
    No but will
    61.54%
    No and won't
    15.38%
    Last edited by tommydale; 17 May 2015, 02:24 PM. Reason: Not enough preface...
    "You're not playing the player; you playing the table."

6th out of 166 in Winter League '13 - '14 with 80% ;D
    EPRA Qualified World Rules Referee #844

sigpic

hi tommy,

what's the questionnaire for? I think peeps would be more likely to answer if they knew - there's no indication in your post above or on the questionnaire itself ...

also, the first page of the questionnaire asks for name, age and email address and says they are mandatory ... errr, that sounds like phishing to me - alarm bells start ringing in my head and I have no intention of answering those questions so simply close the window ... may I suggest it would be better to ask the cuesports questions first and then as a final page, optionally allow people to enter their name/nickname age and email address if they wish ...

that's assuming there are cuesports questions of course, at the moment all I've seen are the phishing questions LOL ...

[edit] just to add I'm trying to be helpful - I'm sure your questionnaire is totally genuine but people are (or should be!) very wary of providing any personal information on the internet ...
    Last edited by DandyA; 17 May 2015, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Hey bud, that's a great point actually...

I'm a 19 year old business student that thoroughly enjoys pool, snooker and everything about cuesports. While I can't name players and their debuts and even many competitions, what I can do is talk about a game of pool as if I've played for years. After Riley's hit financial trouble within the last year or so, I wanted to see why it is that people like cuesports. I feel that I have a career either in the EPA or marketing... Or both .

The aim of this survey is to find out comparisons between different things, and why people like pool in general.

For example is there a similarity between strengths and weaknesses? Do most potters struggle with position? Are those who like deliberate fouls edging a tactical advantage? Do pool players in general want a new set of rules which incorporate individual rules from Old and New World Rules and Blackball?

I love making connections, and if I can find a relation between to statistics then I'll make it and revel in the glory of having made the connection. Welcome to my brain...

I assure you, as this is a project I'm taking seriously, I want to share my passion for this subject. By getting an email address and a name from those who take the survey, I am able to add credibility to the information. I have an advantage on my course next year because I've already done the first year and know what to expect. Validity is key when providing reports. An email address shows that it's not me who's sat there for hours filling in the survey, giving it that validity that it needs.

I've taken your comments on board, Mr Dandy, and in fact I'm as grateful as for your input . I've now made it optional to add an email address and prefaced that question with the necessary information.

RE [edit] I understand entirely. Where I've constructed the survey I can't see it how you would see it actually filling it out...

sigpic

Comment

The main problem with this, is that there are three pages of exactly the same questions, which I answered differently on every page, because I find things like that annoying. The email thing isn't a problem, I just made all that stuff up.

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
          The main problem with this, is that there are three pages of exactly the same questions, which I answered differently on every page, because I find things like that annoying. The email thing isn't a problem, I just made all that stuff up.
          I can't fault your honesty.

The reason you saw the same questions is because they distinguish between the rulesets; old and new world rules and blackball. If 'the box below' was ticked it should have ignored the following repeated questions and skip straight to submit, unless I've set it up incorrectly...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X