Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pool cloth logo

Hi,

Has anyone ever had a logo printed on a napped cloth like hainsworth smart?
    I'm thinking of getting one screen printed on in the middle and was wondering does it affect the game much?

Don't get it screen printed whatever you do, that will cause it to be very slippery.

The way they do it properly is DTG or Direct To Garment printing with a pigment ink which is then sealed in with a heat press, screen printing will just layer it on top of the cloth.

Contact Hainsworth as they will point you in the right direction.

Cheaper way is to just have a custom gel made up for a spot light.

Comment

Artscape cloth is what you require

http://gclbilliards.com/butlins-skeg...udwieser-logo/

any logo that you do not own or have the rights to , then you have to get permission from the logo patent holder . so for example if you want West ham united logo on there you have to email west ham united to get permission to reproduce their logo on your pool table , same goes for any logo unless you have your own logo that you have designed and not copied from another source , they will print this onto the Strachan Super pro pool cloth .

I know they do pool cloth , but they may do the napped cloth although I have never seen it , as the nap wears down the logo would disappear I think , that is why they use the none napped worsted speed cloth which still has a high content of wool , but has no nap .

here is the link to the firms website http://www.wsptextiles.com/artscape.

Geoff
      Last edited by Geoff Large; 3 May 2015, 06:20 PM.
      [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Thanks for the info guys.

It is a logo of my own design and I got a quote for £60 from a local screen printing company to get it screen printed on napped cloth which is significantly less than going for artscape.

the guys are a bit hesitant about doing it as they also mentioned it might affect the path of the ball and requested a piece of cloth to test their water based inks on to get the softest touch on the wool.

Comment

The other way you could do it is sublimating it on as this process would embed the pigment into the cloth and not cover it like with screen printing, problem with this is it produces a very dull image as the cloth is wool and a proper sublimation process requires a polyester synthetic to bond to.

Comment

Originally Posted by Eishg View Post
            Thanks for the info guys.

It is a logo of my own design and I got a quote for £60 from a local screen printing company to get it screen printed on napped cloth which is significantly less than going for artscape.

the guys are a bit hesitant about doing it as they also mentioned it might affect the path of the ball and requested a piece of cloth to test their water based inks on to get the softest touch on the wool.
            But the first reply said DONT screen print it .... ??????? That's why the guys are telling you it will have an effect upon the path of the ball - it will !!!!! And not just on the path - but on the spin on everything ! Please dont do it !

Comment

England 3 Lions.gif

Hi,

I stock loads of different designs in printed cloth e.g. Guinness, Fosters, Jack Daniels, England Three Lions etc as well as lot's of American NHL Teams e.g. Pittsburgh Penguins / Michigan University etc.. and fit them all the time for customers..see link below for more photo's...

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...-UK-Guaranteed

To clarify what's already been said, the logo's I supply are printed WITHIN the cloth, rather than on top of, so DO NOT cause ball deviation during play...
              Attached Files
              Last edited by snookerpoolman; 21 May 2015, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X