Bad Show from Craftsman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
    No, the ferrule is tight. I tip my own cues and I've investigated the ferrule really closely. The ferrule makes the right sound, just like all my other cues. The ferrule wall is slightly thicker but not dramatically so compared to other cues. The cue has a taper so the 9.3 ferrule can fit nicely. This sort of taper is what we see a lot of in modern cues. The larger taper of years gone by isn't so popular now. The shaft is still stiff even with this taper which is a sign of clunk wood as well. It should be quite whippy with this taper. Unfortunately, even though a lot of ash goes to China and Thailand, not all of the best ash stays there, it finds its way to the UK doesn't it Neil!? So they keep some of the B/C grade shafts and we end up with this on our cues sometimes.

MW says, you ain't gonna get the quality of an expensive cue for £100. I take his point, which can be extended to £300 cues as well. I'm not saying a £300 cue is the same as a £100 cue, it's a lot better, but it ain't the mustard a good £500 UK cue is. It's in the raw materials that Chinese and Thai cues fall down sometimes, not everytime. The workmanship over there is second to none, probably the better than in the UK on average.

But you can't beat a bit of 24 year air-dried mate. No clunk, all woody!
    Your theory then means the likes Trevor white, wooldridge, glover all make sh*t quality cues then if you compare their prices with an ultimate from the bear and you're going on price margins.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
      Maybe it's your hearing ? all these clunking noises might be your brain cells knocking together ! (only joking mate )
      brain cells? being very generous there....
      #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

Originally Posted by bolton-cueman View Post
        brain cells? being very generous there....
        Yeah, i was building bridges by being generous

Comment

Working...
        X