Shaun Murhpy New Sighting Technique

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by magicman View Post
    Not a problem Derek P, good to hear its helped you, and kudos to you for accepting advice and trying to implement it.
    3 147 attempts down to the last 2-3 reds tonight so it’s working for me your advice and hopefully I can maybe take part in the 147 challenge before long lol.

Either way yeah I take on board anything any experienced player says and I appreciate the time to comment and help my game cos it certainly has.

Comment

Originally Posted by Derek P View Post
      3 147 attempts down to the last 2-3 reds tonight so it’s working for me your advice and hopefully I can maybe take part in the 147 challenge before long lol.

Either way yeah I take on board anything any experienced player says and I appreciate the time to comment and help my game cos it certainly has.
      Such a simple thing but it opens up so many more options once you get confident in playing on and off the black cushion. Hope the new tip is playing well, Fraser said you'd been up to get it fitted.

Comment

Originally Posted by markz View Post
        Such a simple thing but it opens up so many more options once you get confident in playing on and off the black cushion. Hope the new tip is playing well, Fraser said you'd been up to get it fitted.
        Yeah mate it’s playing pretty nice & your right being more confident in that shot it seems an easier cueing shot than trying to hold the white back when your low all the time you need to be precise with the stun/screw back up for the red where the high position you have so much more wiggle room.

Fraser is something else at doing tips so I’ll defo be sticking with him for that & it’s playing really well seems a little more bite to it than a talisman medium but that could be me very similar feel hopefully these don’t split on me or again Fraser was saying maybe go to the Kamui as he doesn’t hear of many of them splitting so will see how this one goes but feel wise I do like it.

Comment

Yeah mate it’s playing pretty nice & your right being more confident in that shot it seems an easier cueing shot than trying to hold the white back when your low all the time you need to be precise with the stun/screw back up for the red where the high position you have so much more wiggle room.

Fraser is something else at doing tips so I’ll defo be sticking with him for that & it’s playing really well seems a little more bite to it than a talisman medium but that could be me very similar feel hopefully these don’t split on me or again Fraser was saying maybe go to the Kamui as he doesn’t hear of many of them splitting so will see how this one goes but feel wise I do like it.
          Which tip did you choose? I think I tried nearly every type and the laminated tips helped me get reaction on cue ball. As my technique has improved I'm back on a standard elk master now and get the same reaction if not better with far less effort.

Comment

Which tip did you choose? I think I tried nearly every type and the laminated tips helped me get reaction on cue ball. As my technique has improved I'm back on a standard elk master now and get the same reaction if not better with far less effort.
            My friend who practices with Fraser and is a top scottish amatuer/high q school standard player recommended that I try the Phoinex Tips as he used talisman before and found he liked phoinex a little more reaction and bite for less effort.

I would like to go back to using a standard hard Elk but I worry about the consistency thing and trying to find a good one I like that the laminated tips are low maintenance only issue is the splitting.

And yeah mate it’s amazing how much reaction you can get off the cue ball when your cueing goes up a standard obviously guys like Ronnie are the pinnacle of this he hardly touches the white and the reaction he gets is fantastic just pure perfect timing

Comment

My friend who practices with Fraser and is a top scottish amatuer/high q school standard player recommended that I try the Phoinex Tips as he used talisman before and found he liked phoinex a little more reaction and bite for less effort.

I would like to go back to using a standard hard Elk but I worry about the consistency thing and trying to find a good one I like that the laminated tips are low maintenance only issue is the splitting.

And yeah mate it’s amazing how much reaction you can get off the cue ball when your cueing goes up a standard obviously guys like Ronnie are the pinnacle of this he hardly touches the white and the reaction he gets is fantastic just pure perfect timing
              My practice mate loved the black Phoenix medium tips. I've always fitted his tips so told him to let me fit an elk, he's hitting the ball really sweet as well. Basic elks have bad reputation for not many good ones in box of 50. Someone told me to try 11mm as they seemed firmer than 10mm, I got a box from adr and not had a bad one yet and used nearly half the box. Once cut to ferrule and shaped I just tap the tip in with a spare cue ball to speed up the playing in process.

Comment

My practice mate loved the black Phoenix medium tips. I've always fitted his tips so told him to let me fit an elk, he's hitting the ball really sweet as well. Basic elks have bad reputation for not many good ones in box of 50. Someone told me to try 11mm as they seemed firmer than 10mm, I got a box from adr and not had a bad one yet and used nearly half the box. Once cut to ferrule and shaped I just tap the tip in with a spare cue ball to speed up the playing in process.
                And does your mate prefer the 11mm elk over the black phoinex? Is it more reaction on the ball or less throw or what?

Comment

And does your mate prefer the 11mm elk over the black phoinex? Is it more reaction on the ball or less throw or what?
                  We both use standard 9.5mm so quite a bit to cut down. I'd say similar reaction with less effort as the single pressed tips have a grippier surface than the laminated tips. Once I've bashed them in they play like a good medium laminated tip at fraction of the cost. I coach my mate so forever telling him to time it and use the weight of cue to do the work, think that's a big part of it.

Comment

We both use standard 9.5mm so quite a bit to cut down. I'd say similar reaction with less effort as the single pressed tips have a grippier surface than the laminated tips. Once I've bashed them in they play like a good medium laminated tip at fraction of the cost. I coach my mate so forever telling him to time it and use the weight of cue to do the work, think that's a big part of it.
                    The big thing I got from Jim Donnelly coaching me was the timing, I had none before I went to him or was all over the place with it. I still bash maybe 1 ball out of 15-20 now but it’s getting less and less with every day I practice my solo.

I just pick my line from when standing behind the shot and just go down and forget about everything else except the rhythm of my cue action and my eyes moving from cue ball to object ball with a slow and deliberate backswing to facilitate it when I do that balls go in pockets with relative ease when I screw it up something crap happens so yeah I agree 100% the timing and letting the cue do it is everything good tips are helpful obviously but some of that can be a personal thing

Comment

Not sure what sighting actually does. To me it means you’re aiming when down on shot. When I pot a ball, often it looks wrong when I’m down on it

Comment

Working...
                      X