No announcement yet.

Back in the club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obviously a very optimistic chap! Nice to see refurbishments done though. Would be good to see more places like Vic snooker academy in Sheffield around the country, giving avid players the chance to play on Star tables. I'm sure that would draw more young people in to the game. I grew up in nicotine stained snooker halls and social clubs but I can understand that does not make for a desirable venue to kids.

Comment

Originally Posted by Boongogg View Post
      Jeez, there's no helping some people. My club charge £3.50 for a re-tip so you were doing them a favour. But of a snooker cliche really, everyone is dodgy and on the make...
      I charge between 5 to £7 as it helps me when the guys say it doesn't screw the ball well or do this and that; that pays for 10 minutes to show them that it does, they just aren't doing it right!
      Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        "worth a lot of money"?
        as you say = shake of head

typical bar-talk of an "expert"

At my social club they had the snooker room redecorated and at that time asked all members to claim their cues/cases and any left over would be auctioned for funds to the club. So I popped down before the auction to see what was around, they was only one cue that was anything "ok", a Cue Craft 2pc.
        oh, they were all 2pc
        all the other cues was a painted/transfer butt type
        and all were in terrible state, bashed and dented

anyway, this chap "from the bar" was putting starting prices on them, £40, 50, 60 - the Cue Craft (which was also bashed up) he put £100
        I wished them luck and went home
        We're going through that at the moment and the last set of cues will be up for auction. Don't lie the idea personally, told them they should offer dead people's cues to their relatives prior to selling them. If they don;t want them then fine but they have all the addresses and phone numbers.

Comment

Obviously a very optimistic chap! Nice to see refurbishments done though. Would be good to see more places like Vic snooker academy in Sheffield around the country, giving avid players the chance to play on Star tables. I'm sure that would draw more young people in to the game. I grew up in nicotine stained snooker halls and social clubs but I can understand that does not make for a desirable venue to kids.
          Times change don't they, nicotine smoking atmospheres were ok for us back in the day. Obviously the video games ave more draw

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
            We're going through that at the moment and the last set of cues will be up for auction. Don't lie the idea personally, told them they should offer dead people's cues to their relatives prior to selling them. If they don;t want them then fine but they have all the addresses and phone numbers.
            oh members who have died have already had their cues offered back to the family, usually after a respectful time after the funeral, etc.
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I charge between 5 to £7 as it helps me when the guys say it doesn't screw the ball well or do this and that; that pays for 10 minutes to show them that it does, they just aren't doing it right!
              Lol, liking that Shockerz! Don't blames the tools eh!

Comment

oh members who have died have already had their cues offered back to the family, usually after a respectful time after the funeral, etc.
                Yeah I tend to agree with that. Can't understand why the club wouldn't want to offer cues back to the family of a long term member who they knew, the mind boggles!

Comment

Nearly fell out with one guy. The more I showed him the tip would do all these shots he couldn't play he finally came up with, "Well the old tip used to do it!"

I said, well of you used to screw it the whole length of the table you must at least be able to do it halfway IF I CAN DO IT THE FULL LENGTH WITH YOUR CUE!

People!

Comment

Yeah I tend to agree with that. Can't understand why the club wouldn't want to offer cues back to the family of a long term member who they knew, the mind boggles!
                    Surely illegal too !!

Comment

Back in the club

well I am talking about a social club not a snooker club, where the family are know and more often than not the wake is held at the club.

Comment

Nearly fell out with one guy. The more I showed him the tip would do all these shots he couldn't play he finally came up with, "Well the old tip used to do it!"

I said, well of you used to screw it the whole length of the table you must at least be able to do it halfway IF I CAN DO IT THE FULL LENGTH WITH YOUR CUE!

People!
                        Not 24ft lol

Comment

Not 24ft lol
                          Only half screwed it!

Comment

People!
                            So he obviously couldn't get to the bottom of it and thought you had screwed him over? Sorry , I'm here all week.

Comment

So he obviously couldn't get to the bottom of it and thought you had screwed him over? Sorry , I'm here all week.
                              Thank you very much.

I went to the doctor the other day and he said, "I haven't seen you for a while," "Of course not I said, I've been ill" .........................boom boom!

For one night only!

Comment

The guy was an old billiard player who rarely screwed the ball so he certainly didn't do it that much prior to a new tip and his screw shot was more than jabby!

Comment

Working...
                                X