No announcement yet.

European Masters 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think there are a few players ROS knows he has to play very well against if he wants to win. Selby certainly frustrates him, but it's not the same as being worried about him. I think it's only Trump that gets into his head.

Comment

Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
      Actually I'd make Selby the favorite against Ronnie most of the time.
      Nobody is favourite against ROS as you are relying on him not playing to his ability....anyone know ROS Selby head to head stats?

Comment

Originally Posted by dcrackers147 View Post
        Nobody is favourite against ROS as you are relying on him not playing to his ability....anyone know ROS Selby head to head stats?
        ROS 16-8 Selby
        http://cuetracker.net/Head-to-Head/r...van/mark-selby
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          So pretty stupid comment from JimMalone then

Comment

"...lies, damned lies, and statistics..." :biggrin:
            if you look at the round stats - Selby pips ROS at their Final matches 4-3
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
              "...lies, damned lies, and statistics..." :biggrin:
              if you look at the round stats - Selby pips ROS at their Final matches 4-3
              Not interested in what stage in the comps they played as that doesn't make a difference IMO, as a player you gauge if you have the beating of the other guy based on head to head results ROS wins twice as often as Selby does.

Comment

16-8 is a little misleading as it includes non-snooker matches as well, but O'Sullivan does win more than he loses against Selby. He won both of their major matches last season very comfortably, and never gave Selby much chance to get into his head.

That said, it's 4-4 between them in the longer matches, and Selby came from a long way behind in every one of his victories. That's where Selby's superior levels of concentration nullify the difference in skill between them, and of course Selby's pressure play is second to none as well. If they played a best-of-7 tomorrow I would go for O'Sullivan every time, but in a World final I would probably give Selby a slight edge again. :smile:

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post

That said, it's 4-4 between them in the longer matches, and Selby came from a long way behind in every one of his victories. That's where Selby's superior levels of concentration nullify the difference in skill between them, and of course Selby's pressure play is second to none as well. If they played a best-of-7 tomorrow I would go for O'Sullivan every time, but in a World final I would probably give Selby a slight edge again. :smile:
                  This exactly.

Comment

Working...
                  X