Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason Owen Cues

Evening people.

I'm thinking about getting back into snooker again after taking some time out. Love hate relationship lol.
    I've had various Cues in the past JP, STAMFORD, TW etc but never a Jason Owen Cue. I'm thinking of buying one and just wanted any opinions on his Cues?

Yes not had one but they do look very nice cues
    Ton Praram cue series 1 ash shaft Burwood and ebony splices with maple vaneres 58.9.5.29.4.18oz 18 BP

Comment

Great cuemaker to deal with, great communication and quality workmanship. In my years of selling cues, never had a problem with Jason's cues

Comment

I personally have a JO maple cue and can't fault it. It was one of many cues Stephen Maguire ordered back then. Quality is excellent and finish, especially, is second to none. A real piece of beautie!
        I think you can order a new stick eyes closed
        Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Originally Posted by Henrytheeighth View Post
          Evening people.

I'm thinking about getting back into snooker again after taking some time out. Love hate relationship lol.
          I've had various Cues in the past JP, STAMFORD, TW etc but never a Jason Owen Cue. I'm thinking of buying one and just wanted any opinions on his Cues?
          The shafts are made in Thailand.

Get a Maximus Ultimate instead, an excellent cue, proud of being made in Thailand. Go to Craftsmen Cues or Stu at Greenbaize and try them out.

Comment

Have a look at Andy Travis stuff on here, just another name to consider. Or J6uk also on here , guaranteed made from scratch by hand, top fella to deal with.
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
              The shafts are made in Thailand.

Get a Maximus Ultimate instead, an excellent cue, proud of being made in Thailand. Go to Craftsmen Cues or Stu at Greenbaize and try them out.
              I had both Maximus cues and JO in the flesh and never in a million years I would go for the Maximus, even though their are great playing cues. Even on the Ultimate range, their finishing is average. Two of my friends have Maximus Ultimate (6/8 months old cues so we're not talking second hand cues here) and both have finishing issues. One has an arrow which appears to be worn out so very unpleasant feeling in the hand, and I noticed the tip of an ebony spliced was gone on the other one, while retipping it last week. Just a small portion at the top of splice, which creates like a small crack. Not really the standard you would expect for £350 cues if you ask me.

On the other hand, my Jason Owen is a real gem come finishing. Extremelly well made.

I know a lot of people are really high on Maximus cues at the moment and as said, these are really good playing cues but I am still not convinced about the finishing level.
              Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Hello mate

I am new to this forum but just wanted to ask you a few things about your cue. I my self have a love and hate relationship with snooker for over 15 years now lol.

Currently using a JP exclusive off the rack cue for the past few years and I really I mean really wanted to order a Stamford and Trevorwhite from adr147 . I need your honest opinion on these two cue makers as I would be spending a lot of money to test them out as I live mostly in dubai , UAE .

Your honest review about these two cues would mean a lot to me . Else wise I might stick to my JP . The reason I was changing cue was merely cuz of the length and tip size, so I thought I would give a shot to these other English cue makers. Cheers

Comment

Originally Posted by Omi_republic View Post
                  Hello mate

I am new to this forum but just wanted to ask you a few things about your cue. I my self have a love and hate relationship with snooker for over 15 years now lol.

Currently using a JP exclusive off the rack cue for the past few years and I really I mean really wanted to order a Stamford and Trevorwhite from adr147 . I need your honest opinion on these two cue makers as I would be spending a lot of money to test them out as I live mostly in dubai , UAE .

Your honest review about these two cues would mean a lot to me . Else wise I might stick to my JP . The reason I was changing cue was merely cuz of the length and tip size, so I thought I would give a shot to these other English cue makers. Cheers
                  Changing a cue after 15 years is not what I would recommend mate. I would rather lose out on the sale and you stay with the cue!
                  https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

2 of the finest cuemakers out there in my opinion .
                    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by Omi_republic View Post
                      Hello mate

That's a Big amount to Splash out when you have a JP already. ; )
                      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                        LOL - I am watching!
                        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                          2 of the finest cuemakers out there in my opinion .
                          Who are you referring to neil?

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                            Cuecrafty the reason i want to switch from my JP is because of the length of the cue , my cue is 57" and i previously i have been playing with a 58" and a 9.7" tip in a single one piece ash wood. Where as my new JP which i bought off from a mate is a 3/4 57" and 9.5 mm

I personally prefer a one piece cue over a 3/4 , so thats the reason i contacted ADR147 for a trevor white or a raymond cohen both 1 piece.

LOL still confused i am , but need to finalise with in this week as i am suppose to play a local league in 1 months time...cheers

Comment

What's you opinion on Tony Wilshaw cues?

Comment

Working...
                              X